Breweriana BIF Fall/Winter 2014 Info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most opted out or didn't respond. Is it the rules change or bad time? I really don't see this happening as much as if like it to.

The sign up sheet which is just the spreadsheet of everyone. There is a column to mark if you're returning or you add your name. First post of this thread.

The sign up sheet which is just the spreadsheet of everyone. There is a column to mark if you're returning or you add your name. First post of this thread.
So when you refer to "responding", you mean to this thread specifically as well as to the BIF. Just because someone chooses not to participate in this round doesn't mean that they are dropping out. Just means that they are not in it for the current round. I guess I just don't agree with the wording. It doesn't give them much credit or appreciation for participating in the past.

Every round has been run the same way as far as I remember. If you've done it in the past your name stays on the spreadsheet and you have first dibs on each round. Im sorry if I was getting it accross the right way.

Every round has been run the same way as far as I remember. If you've done it in the past your name stays on the spreadsheet and you have first dibs on each round. Im sorry if I was getting it accross the right way.
Ahhh...this makes sense now. So in the past, the person that volunteered to run the BIF and pairing copied the names to the new sign-up sheet automatically? Then you either opted in or out?

It seems that this spreadsheet was started anew if I am not mistaken. No names were copied over from the last round, just a column to indicate whether or not you were part of last round in case there were more sign-ups than spots available.

as much as i wanna jump into my first BIF this is just in bad timing especially with the black friday release around the corner. but ill definitely be in for the next round

as much as i wanna jump into my first BIF this is just in bad timing especially with the black friday release around the corner. but ill definitely be in for the next round
Pretty much the same with me (although I have been in a lot of the BIFs).

Most opted out or didn't respond. Is it the rules change or bad time? I really don't see this happening as much as if like it to.
The rules change has me wavering. I'm 50/50 at the moment. :(

Looks like we are good to go with 10 participants. Small group this time, but I expect the hauls will be the best yet! Working on targets now.

Looks like we are good to go with 10 participants. Small group this time, but I expect the hauls will be the best yet! Working on targets now.

Looking forward to another great round. Just did a big update to my wants / gots list.

Hey guys...been looking through the lists, and seeing several lists that consist solely of whales and white whales. Be kind to the guy that draws you as a target. Let's make sure that some of your lists consist of achievable glassware. There may be a couple whales distributed through this BIF, but it'll be the exception, more than the rule!

Hey guys...been looking through the lists, and seeing several lists that consist solely of whales and white whales. Be kind to the guy that draws you as a target. Let's make sure that some of your lists consist of achievable glassware. There may be a couple whales distributed through this BIF, but it'll be the exception, more than the rule!
Yeah, I agree with this. A personal whale list and a BIF wants list are two different things. You can obviously put your whales on the BIF list and hope for the best, but your list shouldn't be only things that your sender would probably have to go to great/unimaginable lengths to get, and want to keep himself.

Targets are now out. Sorry for the delay. Looks like just one person still needs to update their wants (and their target is aware). I'll post a hints/hauls tomorrow.

Looking forward to a small but spectacular round!

I'm hesitant to move the date since weather will likely become an issue. If there is a reason why you don't think you can ship on time, please let me know as soon as possible.

Edit: if enough people want to push the date back, I will certainly consider it. Message me privately to discuss if you would like.

Back