Brew day virgin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycotte

Reaction score
Well today's my day. I am going for it with an American wheat Ale as my first brew. I have myself all set up and everything is cleaned, sanitized & ready to rock 'n roll. I'm just tidying up the little loose ends and then I start to brew. You guys of been very inspirational I appreciate all of the knowledge I gained here. All of your posts have given me confidence (hopefully not OVER confidence). I really hope my first brew comes out well. I'll report back how it goes. Thanks to everyone here at HBT for all this great knowledge. Cheers and happy brew day to anyone else out there who is brewing today as well.

First off congrats and welcome to the best hobby on the planet earth. Second RICE HULLS. Have fun man!

Good luck! Just go step by step and remember to clean/sanitize.

Just watch how & when you add your extracts,& don't forget any hop additions. not to mention,late extract additions. Keep your mind on the job at hand & wait till your brew day is done to start drinkin beer. Nevermind how I know that...:drunk:

Congratulations I remember my first brew day... just know that this is the first step to an obsession that will consume your mind, wallet, and liver. There is not a better hobby in the world.

What a truly great day. Everything seemed to go flawlessly. I noticed an awesome cold break during our chilling of the wort. I now have 5 gallons of good delicious beer in the fermenter. I celebrated the day by drinking some Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen and Paulaner Lager. Heading out now with friends to the Brickhouse Brewery. Awesome Saturday indeed.

Psycotte said:
What a truly great day. Everything seemed to go flawlessly. I noticed an awesome cold break during our chilling of the wort. I now have 5 gallons of good delicious beer in the fermenter. I celebrated the day by drinking some Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen and Paulaner Lager. Heading out now with friends to the Brickhouse Brewery. Awesome Saturday indeed.
Glad to hear it! Next step is patience. I think I've learned that's the most important thing in making beer.

Did you do an extract batch? All grain? Partial?

Also, start thinking about your next batch. You're going to want to think about fermenting another batch while drinking this one. Ya know, the pipeline...

Congrats on popping your brewing cherry!!

Thanks guys! I did a Brewers best kit that had some specialty grain, LME and DME. Instead of doing it according to the instructions for a 3 gal boil I did a 5 Gal boil in my turkey fryer. Worked great! Had a slight boil over while adding the DME but I quickly knocked it down with a pre prepared spray bottle of water. On bottling day I plan to start an Irish Red so I can get my pipeline up and running. Needless to say, I am ADDICTED!!! You guys are awesome with your support and encouragement!

I'm coming up on my 1 year brewiversary. I started with a Brewers best kit as well. I think I'll make the same one and see how much I've progressed. Only wished I saved a bottle so I could compare. Cheers and congrats.

image-3626645731.jpg

Action in the airlock!! My yeasties are treating me right!!

Latest posts

Back