Bottle shop/brewery for Charlotte and Belmont.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berndawg84

Reaction score
Hello,

Heading to Charlotte this weekend. I'll be staying north of Charlotte one night, staying in Belmont the second night. Looking to hit one brewery in Charlotte. I was thinking of NoDa, but had some friends that went recently...they said they had 12 tasters and thought most were meh. I'm also really intrigued by Wooden Robot and Heist, heard great things about them. Also Olde Mecklenburg.

I'm also interested in recommendations for a bottle shop, either one in Charlotte or especially one in Belmont. I've heard that you can get Fonta Flora at some bottle shops in Charlotte, here's the list from their site

Salud Beer Shop, Charlotte NC
Tasty Beverage, Asheville and Raleigh NC
Good Bottle, Charlotte NC
State of Beer, Raleigh NC
Brusin ‘ Ales, Asheville NC
Appalachian Vintner, Asheville NC
Brawley’s, Charlotte NC

It sounds like it's pretty hard to find some FF around town? Would Salud, Good Bottle and Brawley's be great shops to check out? Looking to bring some stuff back to Denver. We can get Wicked Weed and Burial (limited) in Denver, but not sure what other regional breweries people would recommend that you can get in NC but not elsewhere. I've heard good things about Sweetwater and others, but open to options. Thanks!

EDIT: Just realized that Belmont doesn't have liquor stores. Can you buy most stuff at the grocery store then? Looks like Charlotte does have regular liquor stores you can just walk into? Any other state laws I should be aware of for purchasing alcohol?

Welcome to my neck of the woods. NoDa is a good choice, but if you have time Rock Hill, SC has Legal Remedy. Amazing food and awesome beer. It's 10 miles or so south down 77. Might take you 30 minutes from Belmont. I'm not a fan of Old Mecklenburg myself, but to each their own.
Also Unknown and Triple C are great.

As far as bottle shops, Google is your friend. Total Wine has a really decent selection of beer, as do some of the higher end grocery stores, they also have good selection of local brewers.

Beers to look for:
Unknown
Triple C
NoDa
Full Spectrum
Legal Remedy
Benford brewing company

If you need liquor, that's going to be the state run ABC stores and they are closed Sunday. Likewise you can't buy beer and wine till after 12 on Sundays. SC is not state run for liquor, but still no sales on Sunday

Old Mecklenburg has a nice huge outdoor beer garden. Other than that, you could skip it. Better beer to be had else where.
Tripple C or Wooden Robot would be my choices.
Might want to check out Carolina Beer Temple (?). Decent selection of the "local" beers in the area. They fill growlers too.

Latest posts

Back