Bottle Bombs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopin-Josh

Reaction score
So I messed up... I brewed a half batch and didn't think to cut my priming sugar in half and yeah. Not good!

So I pulled all the caps let them sit for a couple of minutes. Will this suffice or do I need to drink them all tonight?

The good news is the beer tastes like champagne! I want it to last until T-day if I can.

Thanks
-Josh

Yuri's good to defer to. That said. . .

I had a double batch over-carb. There's STILL divets in my brew-closet from where the caps blew off. I had to uncap the bottles over the sink in fire-gear - and half of them exploded in my hands anyway. (Thank God for the gloves.)

Beer should not turn into an IED. I'd STRONGLY urge you to drink your bottles fast, no matter what!

Well so far so good no more bombs. I was kinda concerned because once the caps were off it seemed to really to spur the carbonation even once the caps were back on. It was a cranberry wheat for Thanksgiving Day so hopefully it will last until Thursday. I have to tell you the sound of the bottles exploding was unmistakable!

Back