Best Guess at a Bud Select 55 clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, if i was going to brew a extra lite beer...

it'd be something like 5-6lbs base malt
a tad of munich 10.

lightly hopped

and fermented dry with the help of gluco...but for me i'd just end up drinking more of it, so the lower calories really wouldn't matter to me. i'd just end up draining a keg quicker, but honestly if you only need 1-2 low ABV beers to be conntent "WHY NOT"!
Actually, I'm right now sipping a very delightful 2.3% local (St. Pete, FL) brew called "DeSoto Low". Think, Spanish explorer Ferdinand DeSoto, rather than a '50s Chrysler, chopped and channeled low-rider). 45 IBUs, but plenty of backbone to call this a legit IPA. Not much info out there on the process the brewers at Green Bench used to make this beer, but I'd like to know.

A few weeks ago I was at the brewery with a large group of my daughter's friends, one of whom used to work for Miller. He's quite knowledgeable about beer and brewing, and he's the one who talked me into trying the DeSoto, which he really likes, and his comparative contrast of this beer over Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Coors, etc.

Latest posts

Back