Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always add an extra day for stuff coming to me via Priority Mail.

Unless it has to go through Chicago Customs first. Then I add 4 weeks.

I've sent flat rate boxes all over the country and it has never taken longer than the two days they say it will. Freakin USPS. I really wanted that package to arrive today. I'm gonna punch somebody if it doesn't.

I've sent flat rate boxes all over the country and it has never taken longer than the two days they say it will. Freakin USPS. I really wanted that package to arrive today. I'm gonna punch somebody if it doesn't.

You should have Fedex'd it.

You should have Fedex'd it.

Probably so. Now I'm rethinking shipping options and the possibility that UPS might actually be a better option than the USPS. Hahaha! Oh, man. I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Probably so. Now I'm rethinking shipping options and the possibility that UPS might actually be a better option than the USPS. Hahaha! Oh, man. I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

I refer you to my signature.

View attachment 268805

My family loves the mead Joe, thank you. Really warms you up. Thank those bees for me :)

Glad you liked it!! i actually had an early crop of honey last year. i harvested that the first week of june which i usually don't get any till the end of july.
i ended up brewing 30 gallons of various meads so i'll have lots in the coming years..lol:D

Oh yeah. My brothers that don't drink much came down with a pretty heavy case of the giggles after sharing my hb and your mead with them. Happy Easter for sure.

Ok. I got untappd. No friends or anything on it so I'll play around and see what it's all about. If ya guys have to give me info on your beer you sent or something go ahead and give me some names or whatever [emoji51]

Well, I'm pissed at the USPS. If I would've known they'd pull this crap, I would've just sent the package Monday. Really wanted the recipient to have it today. Oh well, I guess a couple more days won't hurt.

Just kidding! Wes hooked me up. Thanks so much man, never had any of these and really excited to try your HB!
View attachment 269368
I don't care what you guys say, Wes is OK in my book :D

I'm glad they all made it safe. I figured you earned a few beers after not drinking for so long and having to put up with me giving you a hard time about it. I wanted them to be there the last day of lent, but USPS apparently had other plans. Enjoy!

I'm glad they all made it safe. I figured you earned a few beers after not drinking for so long and having to put up with me giving you a hard time about it. I wanted them to be there the last day of lent, but USPS apparently had other plans. Enjoy!

FedEx Home Certain Day.

Get it together Wes, you are better than that!

:D

I get an email that says something is being shipped to my address. So I assume it's by address.

It's a match by name AND address.

I sent stuff under my name to a hotel while traveling and I never get alerts.

SWMBO used to order stuff and it would never show up as inbound to our place until I found a spot to add her name (and spelling variants) to the alerts for each carrier.

Now I get alerts for everything.

Not claiming to be an expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

I'd have been notified if he shipped fedex, thereby blowing the surprise. Wes was one step ahead of us. As usual ;)

I think I could've come up with an interesting name to put instead of your real one to keep you from being alerted. Just ask Mark what happens when 9 people send you packages and none of them use your real name.

Even if it was a fake name? I've established ups notifies based on name, not address. Not sure if FEDEX is the same way

It's the combination. It also has to be somewhat significantly different. I can tell you that accidentally transposing two characters will still alert the recipient. Completely changing one name may not. I'm planning to test that theory in the next week by using Gaelic spelling.

dm5hqd.jpg

Well. There is officially more beer in my house than food. @hello thank you for the kind gift. Every Friday I go to the store, I grab a Lagunitas, walk halfway to the register and turn around to put it back. Since you seemingly sent me one of each, I finally get to try them without having anxiety over it.

I can not wait to try the lemon drop home brew. Thanks again, I will definitely let you know how they go. Another great, undeserved gift.

ps: I laughed like an idiot when I pulled out the Hairy Eyeball bottle. I've never seen that one and it is a phrase my friends and I toss around now and then.

dm5hqd.jpg

Well. There is officially more beer in my house than food. @hello thank you for the kind gift. Every Friday I go to the store, I grab a Lagunitas, walk halfway to the register and turn around to put it back. Since you seemingly sent me one of each, I finally get to try them without having anxiety over it.

I can not wait to try the lemon drop home brew. Thanks again, I will definitely let you know how they go. Another great, undeserved gift.

ps: I laughed like an idiot when I pulled out the Hairy Eyeball bottle. I've never seen that one and it is a phrase my friends and I toss around now and then.
WHAT? I could have sworn you said you didn't get Lagunitas where you were at. I know seekabrew says it, but I thought you said you couldn't find it. Or was it just sculpin? :eek:

well ****...Anyway, I hope you do enjoy the beer I sent from here that you get there. Let me know how the carbonation is on those, if you will.

Back