Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, its ridiculously good. get home and open your box, find out for yourself.

Did you see all of their treatments for flavors? Outrageous.

Bacon club for lunch it sounds like! Duffman has turned into a porch bombing food monster now haha what have we created when we just asked for phillys?!

All this bacon talk has me wanting bacon now. And I have none, which is ridiculous. What sane person doesn't keep bacon around?
Wait, I think there might be some "emergency bacon" in the freezer.

Dude, its ridiculously good. get home and open your box, find out for yourself.
Did you see all of their treatments for flavors? Outrageous.

Buffalo Bacon... WHAAAATTTT!?

I am kind of glad that this did not hit my house today, since I have started working out again my cheat day is Saturday. From the quality of the bacon, I would not have lasted until Saturday.

All this bacon talk has me wanting bacon now. And I have none, which is ridiculous. What sane person doesn't keep bacon around?

Agreed. Blt's for dinner tonight at my house.

I am now starving, but was fine 10 minutes ago haha and perfect timing for a bacon bomb. I was down to only 4 strips of bacon left! :eek:

Buffalo Bacon... WHAAAATTTT!?

I am kind of glad that this did not hit my house today, since I have started working out again my cheat day is Saturday. From the quality of the bacon, I would not have lasted until Saturday.

I sampled a bunch of their stuff on Saturday while at a beer festival. I've been eating bacon wrong my entire life. They also had a smorgasbord of different food trucks. The buffalo chicken mac & cheese has ruined all other mac and cheese products for me...all others are now inferior. They had a PB&J truck that had everything covered in nutella. The BBQ truck sold nearly 70lbs of brisket in three hours. The beer was good too.

Go home for lunch already, and post pics! :D

I want to eat lunch vicariously through you today.

Normally I can leave whenever, but Im the only one here and we have contractors in the basement that need someone to sign off on their work soon when they finish. Im stuck waiting on the secretary to get back so I can speed home! :(

I sampled a bunch of their stuff on Saturday while at a beer festival. I've been eating bacon wrong my entire life. They also had a smorgasbord of different food trucks. The buffalo chicken mac & cheese has ruined all other mac and cheese products for me...all others are now inferior. They had a PB&J truck that had everything covered in nutella. The BBQ truck sold nearly 70lbs of brisket in three hours. The beer was good too.

Now I'm even more hungry. I love beer, but I love food slightly more.

I'd be stopped up for weeks! I have never wanted to visit Philly, but I am starting to come around.

To give you an idea; the first lager brewed in America was in Philly. The USMC was founded in a bar, here in Philly. There are more bars in this city then stores. Three different tappings of Pliny the Younger are happening on Saturday. Last night, 25 cases of Heady made its way to 5 different bars. Certain parks in the city are allowed to have no more than 5 food trucks. There are always 5 food trucks in those parks. Monk's café always has bottles of Cantilon, but you have to drink them there. Philly Beer week was officially extended to 10 full days with over 2500 different events over that time frame.

I had a BBQ bowl at Keystone last month that was pulled pork over mac. Ive had dreams of that ever since. It certainly helped that the pork was unbelievably good. Such a good combo though. Have you guys ever tried this recipe? The gouda plus smoker puts it over the top. Ive made it a few times and always received praise for it.

http://recipes.masterbuilt.com/four-cheese-smoked-mac-n-cheese/

I had a BBQ bowl at Keystone last month that was pulled pork over mac. Ive had dreams of that ever since. It certainly helped that the pork was unbelievably good. Such a good combo though. Have you guys ever tried this recipe? The gouda plus smoker puts it over the top. Ive made it a few times and always received praise for it.

Thanks for this, I have never thought of smoking mac n cheese. The next time i smoke a butt i will make this as a side.

I smoked a butt a few weeks back, I made scrambled eggs with the pulled pork. It was divine.

http://macmartcart.com/

Yea. I spent WAY too much money on Saturday there lol.

Sweet! Just saw that they will be one of the trucks at the Phoenixville Food Truck festival on 5/2. Going to stop eating now so I'll be ready for this! :D

baconmac.jpg

Sounds like you guys need to get out more. Come visit for the Buffalo Wing Festival this year, I'll DD so I can roll you to a safe spot to go into your food coma.

I'm thoroughly creeped out at the moment. Not only did Duffman know my shirt size, but he also figured out my alias. Finnegan McRyan. Stalker alert! :eek:

Dude, you rocked this BIF! The shirt is awesome and the food is killer. Huge fan of popcorn and jerky, and now wes is gonna be pissed that i have bacon jam!! :rockin:

Ive also always wanted to try this allagash. How long have you been stalking me?! :D

Home brews ready to drink? I cant thank you enough for this box man, very excited! This made up for the past two schitty days of being sick. Philly traders are kicking the rest of our asses in this BIF thing. Cheers man!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426184322.228767.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426184350.233911.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426184392.818826.jpg

@BeerMeDuffMan - did you dip into that bacon jam before packing it up? It looks like a bit of a low fill...

Nice box.

I'm thoroughly creeped out at the moment. Not only did Duffman know my shirt size, but he also figured out my alias. Finnegan McRyan. Stalker alert! :eek:

Dude, you rocked this BIF! The shirt is awesome and the food is killer. Huge fan of popcorn and jerky, and now wes is gonna be pissed that i have bacon jam!! :rockin:

Ive also always wanted to try this allagash. How long have you been stalking me?! :D

Home brews ready to drink? I cant thank you enough for this box man, very excited! This made up for the past two schitty days of being sick. Philly traders are kicking the rest of our asses in this BIF thing. Cheers man!

View attachment 262831View attachment 262832View attachment 262833

Yeah, I am pissed! :p

View attachment 262831View attachment 262832View attachment 262833

Epic. Your shirt size I stole from the BMAW thread, the Allagash was from the Alchy thread. The rest was just luck lol.
The home brews are both ready and on untapped under the homebrew name The Monday's. The wheat is my King Kamehameha Imperial Pineapple wheat (Id let it settle for a few days before drinking). The quad is my "It's a Trapp!" and two years old and drinking well enough. All three were included thinking you may or may not want to drink them right away since you are limiting yourself.

@BeerMeDuffMan - did you dip into that bacon jam before packing it up? It looks like a bit of a low fill...

Nice box.

I picked up three jars, one didn't last though the festival, one I kept that is almost gone and one for the BIF. There is a bit of fat separation in the jar, but you can easily skim it off or heat the jar in some hot water for a bit to get it back into the good stuff, if you felt so inclined.

Every year my family does a grill off/smoke off along with a secret ingredient that everyone competing has to include. This was my entry last year with a secret ingredient of cherries.

I smoked a pork shoulder and smoke the Mac and cheese. Topped the Mac cheese with shredded pork and drizzled a homemade BBQ Sauce (with cherries in it) over the top. For good measure, I served with a cherry/cranberry homemade wine.

I took 2nd. Bastards.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426184807.851098.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426184832.209804.jpg

So I raced home from a dentist appt to jump on a conference call. Then went to walk the dog and found two boxes on the porch with curious labels:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426185003.907279.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426185024.474403.jpg

Both were filled with awesome:

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426185109.983491.jpg
Thanks @PatrickGoss - at first I thought you were angling for a job with Brew Dog but then I realized there was a period between the 4 & 8. :)

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426185205.393618.jpg
Thanks @BGBC - can't wait to tear into these.

Back