beer and intestinal gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try simethicone. (Gas-X, or generic equivalent. 4 bucks at WalMart.)

I'm taking double dose of beano together with double dose of simethicone (gas-x) and it's the same, no help... I fart sooooooooo much :ban:

I found the perfect solution to the problem. Actually my wife found it for me.

The Absorbent Couch Cushion.

An alternative for those on the go:

Snow Pants with elastic bands on both the waist and cuffs.

And my fraternity was PU.

Reading this thread, I keep coming back to the fart facts that Revvy shared. Who are these fart researchers and how did they end up with such a sh***y job (pun intended)?

Thanks all. lmao

I can finally tell my wife why my farts have been better than hers lately. I think she is jealous and she will not drink my home brew so BOOYAH, IN HER FACE!!!

i'm experiencing this as well, and oh lord.. i feel bad for my co workers next to my desk area, within a 10 foot radius...
it's with too much beer consumption in general, but with home brews it's gotten alot worse. but hey... gotta pay to play right?
i'd rather have the farts realy bad then having broken bones from moto crossing or something more dangerous in general!

If I have bad gas at work, I'll either walk away and crop dust (away from them) or go to the loading dock. At home, we're a family, right? It's only natural to want to share. No more "Dutch ovens", or "waves" for SWIMBO. Payback is a biznatch from her. I know a guy who farted in (on?) his wife's pillow just before she went to bed. "Did you just fart?" Nope, not just...

If I have bad gas at work, I'll either walk away and crop dust (away from them) or go to the loading dock. At home, we're a family, right? It's only natural to want to share. No more "Dutch ovens", or "waves" for SWIMBO. Payback is a biznatch from her. I know a guy who farted in (on?) his wife's pillow just before she went to bed. "Did you just fart?" Nope, not just...

you sir....owz me new keyboard now!!!

dre0081l.jpg

Snicker snicker.....:D

I had a professor at grad school who cut one loose. He just turned around and said excuse me. Of course my immature buddies and I couldn't stop laughing. I think it cost me a letter grade.

I must say I just stumbled upon this while at work and I am dying laughing. This has to be one of the funnest threads I've found here. Here's my homebrew gas story and the SWMBO was pissed. Let's just say when you wake her and yourself up in the middle of the night because of a fart, you instantly start laughing so hard that tears come to your eyes. We'll at least I did.

Some folks initially experience some gas and maybe some bloating when the get involved with homebrewing and drinking larger amounts of "living beers;" beers that are bottle conditioned, and have a greater percentage of yeast in it than commercial light lagers.

Oh dear god, sometimes if I drink a large beer too early, my *ss sounds like an angry dog barking. I find it hilarious. My wife? Not so much.

Not all tools in homebrewing are scientific.

I fart for isowhatyoucallems! yeast, not so much...

My reasoning is that if I drink raw apple juice, I get the back house blues, but fermented raw apple juice with lots of yeasties, no problemo.

I'm sitting in the waiting room for college counseling. Needless to say I'm THAT GUY who's quietly laughing to himself in the corner.

Me and my boss have farting contests at work and after a good day of drinking the day before I'll fart in his office and close the door. He has yet to win.

I'm sitting in the waiting room for college counseling. Needless to say I'm THAT GUY who's quietly laughing to himself in the corner.

Me and my boss have farting contests at work and after a good day of drinking the day before I'll fart in his office and close the door. He has yet to win.

nice first post! welcome aboard

The first few weeks of learning the ropes & enjoying the splendors of my brewological creations, I had gas that could peel paint & kill small mammals. I had ones so bad that they brought tears to my eyes & forced a mandatory evacuation of the premises (and they say you enjoy your own brand? Hardly the case...).

Has since calmed down, but the odd nuclear-poot occasionally pops up to say "hello".

I think I'm over it now, though. I had 2 of my AHS Belgian Saison's last night and haven't stunk anything up yet. :fro:

So that's why my SWMBO has been making it really hard to sleep in the same room. While being new to brewing, I've been drinking homebrew and craft brews for a few years. She's just recently began.

The other night were laying in bed and I heard a bomb go off. Fearing for our lives I tried to cover her. Wrong answer. I had tears in my eyes.

Will gelatin fining help reduce the bad gut reactions?

Or will I have to filter? Cause I'm not feeling so great after drinking homebrew... This doesn't happen with filtered craft beer.

Will gelatin fining help reduce the bad gut reactions?

Or will I have to filter? Cause I'm not feeling so great after drinking homebrew... This doesn't happen with filtered craft beer.

if it's filtered, it's not "craft." Just sayin.

If you have a real problem with the probiotics in beer, try a product called Zypan. It works wonders, but it takes about a week to 2 to really start working. I swear by it. Been brewing for 13 years and still get "beer farts" everyday unless I stay on the Zypan.

Also, one thing to note: If you take any kinda of proton-pump-inhibitor, i.e. Prilosec, it will make the gas 10x worse. Keep that in mind. The Zypan acts to increase the amount of enzymes in the GI tract and helps improve digestion - eliminating excess gas.

ps. Zypan is not a pharmacutical, it's natural.

"if it's filtered, it's not "craft." Just sayin." Thats hog wash and bull farts.

Has anyone else found this experience worse with sours? I've only had one sour, but the next day I had some serious intestinal issues. (Of course, I also tried kombucha for the first time that night, too...)

To help in creating the best designer farts. Those that score a ten in the stench, number of fart particles per million, and staying power departments. Sourkrout, cheese, pickled eggs or kimche should be ingested along with beer.

TzeentchPlayer said:

Hah... what makes you so sure he's actually competing? ;)

I've tried kombucha once, and ONLY once.

Without getting too graphic, my primary bathroom at home saw one "use", and the upstairs bathroom got relief duty while the fan in bathroom #1 stayed on overnight. :mad:

maybe it wasn't the sour, then.

i'll just say that there was a short sprint necessary at work.

Latest posts

Back