Accidentally added nutrients late game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acorn patch

Reaction score
So I know it seems a bit silly but I was juggling a few brews at once and accidentally added nutrients to my beer at a later stage almost 2/3 done. It was North mountain nutrients a combination of dap and urea. I've asked the manufacturer but yet no reply I want to know if it's safe primarily and can I let it ride or do I have to dump it? The beer was a pilsner smash IPA. It's starting gravity it was 1.070, I tested it after I caught the accident it was at 1.03. he was an so4 yeast. Should be capable of pushing it another percent or two still a little active. Anybody got some inputs my primary concern is it safe? I know it's food grade but there is a bit of controversy around these chemicals. Thank you anyone for their time.

At the levels used in homebrewing, I don't think there's any saftey concern at all. You might be able to detect some taste so just taste and see if you do. If not, I'd say drink up.🍻
That's what I'm hoping, would be a real shame to dump

Back