A word of warning about the FastWasher24 Bottle washing system from FastBrewing.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorJC

Too many hobbies... not enough time.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
During the first day of use of my new FastWasher 24 I noticed that the two pumps hang from the bottom of the washer without actually touching the floor of the basin. I thought this might cause a problem but gave it a try because the manufacturer did not recommend supporting the pumps in any way.

When I noticed one of my pumps having decreased output I inspected the pump for problems or debris and found nothing.

Later when disassembling the unit for cleaning I noticed that the weight of the pump and the constant vibration had pulled the threaded nipples apart from the bottom plastic manifold. I will require a replacement bottom plastic manifold before I can use this system again and when I use this in the future I will place a sponge support underneath the pumps to hold the pump weight and absorb vibration.

I have sent a couple of emails to the manufacturer about this issue but so far I have not gotten any reply.

IMG_9487.jpeg
IMG_9488.jpeg

IMG_9430.jpeg

Well, that sucks! Like you need me to tell you... :)

I've not had that problem with mine, but I'll certainly be sure to watch for it! Thanks for the heads up!

Update:

I never heard anything back from the folks at fastbrewing.com after several emails and voicemails. :mad:

However, all it took was one text to Midwest Supplies and I had a complete new unit on my front porch the next week. :D

IMG_9572.JPG

Back