A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. No way. Tigers for life. I'd love to get out that way and watch a game though.

I've never been to a Pirates game. It's prety much top of my wish list in life right now. Right now I'll just settle for a $10 Buffalo Bisons game on a nice day and then winding down on the balconies of Pearl Street Brewery. Sunset over the Lake. Best part about spring/summer. Can't wait.

Morning.

Paging @blizzard ... I think she had one.

Best budget whiskey. Best special occasion whiskey.

QOTD: If you could choose to have any one superpower, but you had to choose "flying", which would you choose?

The ability to regrow eyes

I recall something about "favourite reasonable-cost whiskey" from some time back.

In which case I'd say Woodford Reserve Bourbon or Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye. They're the cat's pyjamas.

Yep, that one.

Got to go to court this morning for the pricks that broke into my truck back in December.

Were they in jail this whole time? Out on bail, I assume.

Baseball sucks.

There I said it.

Liked playing it I suppose. But only cause I'm a competitor at heart. Watching live can be decent depending on who you're with. Tv? No. Just no.

I think there was a line for the QOTD...no idea where it left off though. Meow if we can get everybody back in to figure it out, that would be the bees knees

You rang? What's this about my knees?

Looks like I picked a good night to couch surf and watch the Force Awakens.

Here's a QOTD: What beer style have you really wanted to brew, but have been afraid to, for whatever reason (lack of equipment, long process, expense, etc.)?

For me - it's been Oktoberfest since I've not had the ability to properly lager for a long period (as my first two buttery attempts at lager pointed out.) Now that I have a kegerator, I might actually give it a try.

I've never been to a Pirates game. It's prety much top of my wish list in life right now. Right now I'll just settle for a $10 Buffalo Bisons game on a nice day and then winding down on the balconies of Pearl Street Brewery. Sunset over the Lake. Best part about spring/summer. Can't wait.

Yeah we have a nice minor league setup about 30 minutes away. We usually do couple games with the kids. Can't beat it.

Who wants to forget about it and move on?

Apparently, not everybody wants to forget and move on.

It's up to you guys, but I will tell you that poking the moderators with insults via PM is probably not the way to "Win Friends and Influence People", in case you were wondering.

If you can move on, please do so. If you can't, then perhaps take a few hours to cool off before hitting "send".

Thanks!

Here's a QOTD: What beer style have you really wanted to brew, but have been afraid to, for whatever reason (lack of equipment, long process, expense, etc.)?

I don't know man. I know there's a buttload of styles, can't really think of one. Maybe it's just because I haven't had many other styles I like now that I'm obsessed with overly bitter and dry. The only daunting brew on my list right now is a big beer. No matter what I do, I always seem to end up with a 5.5% beer.

QOTD: Solera. If I had a barrel, I don't know if I could find that sort of patience. If I had to pick a different one, it would definitely be a lager like an Octoberfest. I love the style, but its an all new game with lagering.

I don't know man. I know there's a buttload of styles, can't really think of one. Maybe it's just because I haven't had many other styles I like now that I'm obsessed with overly bitter and dry. The only daunting brew on my list right now is a big beer. No matter what I do, I always seem to end up with a 5.5% beer.

You could always keep some DME on hand so if you fall short you can bump up the og.

Apparently, not everybody wants to forget and move on.

It's up to you guys, but I will tell you that poking the moderators with insults via PM is probably not the way to "Win Friends and Influence People", in case you were wondering.

If you can move on, please do so. If you can't, then perhaps take a few hours to cool off before hitting "send".

Thanks!

Phew! Saw I had a quote from you and wondered WTH I did this time.

This is the best approach, Friendlies. Keep your head down and keep friending on.

I have work to do finally. Peace out, trouts.

QOTD: Solera. If I had a barrel, I don't know if I could find that sort of patience. If I had to pick a different one, it would definitely be a lager like an Octoberfest. I love the style, but its an all new game with lagering.

Good answer. I'd love to have a barrel I could put a few brews through. Maybe an RIS, a barleywine, and then sours. Lord knows it will take the rest of my life to brew that much beer though.

Yeah we have a nice minor league setup about 30 minutes away. We usually do couple games with the kids. Can't beat it.

+1 to this. Used to try and catch a couple of Twins games a season but come on, after tix and a dog and a beer(couple) you're over a hundred bucks! And for what? Losing a hundred games a season?
We've been watching Northern League ball the last couple of summers...it's a college players summer league throughout the upper midwest. Really good ball and the best seats in the house are like 10 bucks!

QODT: Belgian Dubbel. Which I am brewing next brew day. The recipe is coming from Gordon Strong's book.

QOTD: I keep putting off brewing an RIS. Just, can't find the motivation to brew something that I know won't be ready to drink for a while.

So, just impatience on that front.

Brett beers. Even though I'm pretty diligent in my sanitation, I'd rather not taint my equipment, and I'm too cheap to buy a dedicated set of fermenting and bottling equipment just for Brett beers.

Baseball sucks.

There I said it.

Liked playing it I suppose. But only cause I'm a competitor at heart. Watching live can be decent depending on who you're with. Tv? No. Just no.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Go Jays!

Best budget whiskey. Best special occasion whiskey.

Any particular style? Bourbon, Irish, scotch, rye, etc. Or just in general?

The ability to regrow eyes

Not an option, reported.

You may choose between flying, and

Baseball sucks.

There I said it.

I enjoy watching it if I'm actually physically AT the game. Beer and overpriced hotdogs help enchance the experience. Playing, sure I guess, though I'm not very good.

Watching on TV?I'll be asleep within five minutes.

So do I have all four of the winners here yet?

Intermittently here. At work, and all that.

Anything that takes a long time, especially sours. I love to drink them, but I'm too much of an alcoholic to have to wait that long. I'll just go buy it.

Back