A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, let's play now if you four are all ok. Can we get the audience to hold their comments and applause until the end?
Let me know when you are ready gang and I'll ask the first question. I have a total of 5 questions, all from the movie, A New Hope. First person to answer correctly wins that question. Best out of five wins the game.

Q's OTD - have not really done a Belgian, I would like to. Like a strong quad or something cool like that.

I have not had a real "fancy" whiskey. Probably like the $49 Jack Daniels is about the best I've had. I like Woodford Reserve and Bulleit Rye a lot. Nice to pour a shot and sip on it. I don't do really cocktails any more, I stick to beer and occasional glass of wine. Got a fresh bottle of Makers Mark at home. Wife wanted a hot toddy when she was sick. Maybe I'll have one tonight.

Morning friendly friends. Tried to post this morning after a few day absence but thread was closed. I probably don't want to know what y'all friendlies were friending. Sounds like the mods didn't agre with your science

I'm ready.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ok, let's play now if you four are all ok. Can we get the audience to hold their comments and applause until the end?
Let me know when you are ready gang and I'll ask the first question. I have a total of 5 questions, all from the movie, A New Hope. First person to answer correctly wins that question. Best out of five wins the game.

Direct reply to this thread or PM?

QOTD: Scotch ale. Not enough burners for a proper decoction.

There is no such thing needed for a good Scotch ale. The secret is a barleywine style mash (~149F for 90-120 minutes with a mashout of 168F water) and a 2 hour full rolling boil. All this decoction nonsense was from a time period where it was more expensive and harder to get a full rolling boil at scale. Since they were basically at a simmering boil, they had to boil longer and used tricks like boiling down some first runnings to get some maillard reactions. With a full rolling boil, you get that in less time.

My answer is lagers in general. I haven't had the time or patience to dig into them. Or maybe meads.

Ready.

refreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefreshrefresh

I've never been to a Pirates game. It's prety much top of my wish list in life right now. Right now I'll just settle for a $10 Buffalo Bisons game on a nice day and then winding down on the balconies of Pearl Street Brewery. Sunset over the Lake. Best part about spring/summer. Can't wait.

+1 to Bisons games and good local beers. Can't go wrong.

QOTD: I'd like to do a big RIS or quad, but lacking the equipment and experience.

View attachment 1459951992173.jpg

Back