A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I agree with whoever posted about this previously that this beer isn't as good as it normally is. Normally I'll love the first half of the bomber and struggle to finish it. This time I'm not really digging it at all. There's something off in here.

score fridge

Nice Job Brewer

For $10 I'd call that a win.

I'd cover that exposed insulation with some A/C metal tape to keep the moisture out. Works like a champ.

attachment.php

Good on you. I can't fry chicken to save my life. Always ruin the house for days. Bad stuff. Maybe I try deep fry in my soon to be retired kettle.

No... no deep-frying for chicken. Pan-fry only. Deep frying creates a shell of fried crust around the chicken that falls off since moisture is pushing out on all sides. Pan-frying lets the steam escape on the side that isn't immersed in oil.

Much like fermentation, great fried chicken is all about temperature control.

;)

In other news, I just sanitized bottles for my red rye IIPA I am bottling later tonight, so I decided to taste my gravity sample I bottled 4 days ago. It's really floccin' good. It tastes like a commercial craft brew, but I can't put my finger on which one. Oh my, oh my... I just hope the gelatin works well. I want this beer to be crystal clear. The gravity sample has lots of yeast, trub, & hops floating around in it, so it's difficult to tell what the colour is going to actually be.

Deepfrying is way too much of a hassle to do at home in my opinion. Even if you do it on a burner on the grill outside. Meh.

Deepfrying is way too much of a hassle to do at home in my opinion. Even if you do it on a burner on the grill outside. Meh.

Last time I tried to deep-fry some chicken wings, it stunk up the kitchen horribly and SWMBO was pissed the rest of the night. No bueno.

Got some Jameson and settled in for TWD.

View attachment 1459732563101.jpg

Looks like we're porch bombing Slym?

Yep. Can't in good conscience let a friendly friend have an involuntary dry weekend.

Something different. Picked up on a whim thinking the wife might like it (cider one of the few things she will drink). Definitely lots of ginger. Mediocre otherwise. Too dry for her anyway.

View attachment 1459735538452.jpg

Yep. Can't in good conscience let a friendly friend have an involuntary dry weekend.

Something different. Picked up on a whim thinking the wife might like it (cider one of the few things she will drink). Definitely lots of ginger. Mediocre otherwise. Too dry for her anyway.

Sweet. I was kind of already on this, in secret. Glad we agree.

Another Oberon. See previous pic. Nightcap.

Nats season opens tomorrow. Joy. I've never understood baseball, and now I get to hear about it constantly. I get the rules, but my question is WHY?

I've gotten more than one stout that tasted like a quad here lately. I'm not complaining, but there should be more roast than fruit in stouts.

Latest posts

Back