A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, gonna make tacos for late lunch and then do the BLTs for dinner instead, so I can make the bacon in the cast iron for that greasygoodness.

Skillet will be fine, just start by making lots of healthy food in it and use no soap in between, it will slickin' up in no time.
Things are great!;)

945274_971541836268343_5982591834661848663_n.jpg

"These aren't the hounds we're looking for."

Edit: I probably quoted this for a reason, which was that I think I have one of these in the fridge...

Took advantage of the nice day to catch up on yard work, now chilling with some video games until dinnertime.
Man, I caught a big whiff of pine needles when I popped this can open.

Just finished my run and finishing up some water. Trying to decide what beer to drink before I take the dags for a walk.

Found the last 6 of Jai Alai on this island earlier. Then the wife went onto the mainland to buy something and came back with 6 more. Guess I'll keep her around a while longer...

I don't think Arrogant Bastard is classified as an IPA. I think it & the Double Bastard are classed as American Strong Ales.

Personally, I like AB with a few months past the "best by" date on it. For a strong ale, its bite is a little too sharp, and age smooths that out nicely, IMHO. That one looks pretty good, 6 months is a great starting point.

:D

I don't think Arrogant Bastard is classified as an IPA. I think it & the Double Bastard are classed as American Strong Ales.

Personally, I like AB with a few months past the "best by" date on it. For a strong ale, its bite is a little too sharp, and age smooths that out nicely, IMHO. That one looks pretty good, 6 months is a great starting point.

:D

Touche. 'Tis in essence an American Barleywine/strong ale. Judging it that way vice an IIPA, might get another couple at that price.

Wow. I knew BeerAdvocate sucks, but further proof - I went to a thread where someone was saying that hoppy beers/IPAs as a style is old & should be gotten rid of, and said "So, what you like rocks & what we like sucks?" with a question mark and everything - and I got banned.

My only post in the thread.

Hilariously unbelievable.

That site is a delicate little flower that needs to die with the next frost.

Proof that we can't have nice things.

Anyway. I failed Metal Shop in 8th grade. I'd fail it again if I had to take it again today. No big, ten dollar ferm chamber:

(the ten dollar figure does not include the inkbird I plan on stealing from Gavin)

From the top, I bought a breakroom fridge from a defunct bank garage sale for ten bucks. It's old as dirt but runs like a top, and appears to be built for the apocalypse. Also, I thought ULINE only sold packing material and facilities supplies.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459725539.212074.jpg

I ferment in PET water bottles because they're free to me and IDGAF. A water bottle will not fit in my new ferm chamber. Gotta do something. I could hollow out the sidewall and potentially kill the efficiency of this old beast, or I could modify the cooling unit. I pay the bills around this joint. Exploratory surgery is required.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459725731.252523.jpg

The coolant lines are integrated into the freezer box. Excellent.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459725801.971917.jpg

Tin snips, channel locks, and a file because I really don't like dicing my hand to bits. Had to cut the shelf supports off the sidewall with a carpet knife. Smoothed that out with the file too just for fun.

The freezer chilled those pilsners in ten minutes, unplugged.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459725974.021408.jpg

My only concern: is this too close? I'm worried about freezing here.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459726034.376755.jpg

So the thing that I've been trying to do is almost done. Took me 45 minutes, and I stopped for 15 to play Lego Star Wars with my kid.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459726099.680323.jpg

Proof that we can't have nice things.

Anyway. I failed Metal Shop in 8th grade. I'd fail it again if I had to take it again today. No big, ten dollar ferm chamber:

(the ten dollar figure does not include the inkbird I plan on stealing from Gavin)

From the top, I bought a breakroom fridge from a defunct bank garage sale for ten bucks. It's old as dirt but runs like a top, and appears to be built for the apocalypse. Also, I thought ULINE only sold packing material and facilities supplies.

View attachment 348696

I ferment in PET water bottles because they're free to me and IDGAF. A water bottle will not fit in my new ferm chamber. Gotta do something. I could hollow out the sidewall and potentially kill the efficiency of this old beast, or I could modify the cooling unit. I pay the bills around this joint. Exploratory surgery is required.

View attachment 348702

The coolant lines are integrated into the freezer box. Excellent.

View attachment 348703

Tin snips, channel locks, and a file because I really don't like dicing my hand to bits. Had to cut the shelf supports off the sidewall with a carpet knife. Smoothed that out with the file too just for fun.

The freezer chilled those pilsners in ten minutes, unplugged.

View attachment 348705

My only concern: is this too close? I'm worried about freezing here.

View attachment 348706

So the thing that I've been trying to do is almost done. Took me 45 minutes, and I stopped for 15 to play Lego Star Wars with my kid.
View attachment 348707

Wow your southern engineering skills are strong. I like how the mouse pad really ties it together. I don't see how it would freeze if it's only set to 65* or so

I'd like to thank Harris Teeter, LeSeur, and Kraft for dinner tonight (Fried chicken, peas, and Velveeta Shells & Cheese).

I'd like to thank Harris Teeter, LeSeur, and Kraft for dinner tonight (Fried chicken, peas, and Velveeta Shells & Cheese).

Good on you. I can't fry chicken to save my life. Always ruin the house for days. Bad stuff. Maybe I try deep fry in my soon to be retired kettle.

New brewery in the area near an errand. Thus far, not good. Esb was an oxidized mess. West coast IPA was really hoppy, maybe to cover other issues.

Hadn't heard of them. I suppose I'll be avoiding them.

@slym2none PM me your address. Solidarity beer bomb for you.

Evening friendly friends.

Drinking protein after gym. Chest and tri's are fried. Last week of these obnoxious 100 rep drop sets.

Something out of character for me next.

Drinking protein after gym. Chest and tri's are fried. Last week of these obnoxious 100 rep drop sets.

Brother you drink like I do. Whatever whenever. I can't think of an "out of character" drink for you.

Strawberry daiquiri.

Yeah, small place to the south. Maybe they just need time? Nobody from an established joint.

So... Hops?

Moar hops for me, no pic, lazy. Something something grapefruit something.

Brother you drink like I do. Whatever whenever. I can't think of an "out of character" drink for you.

This is.

Strawberry daiquiri.

That would be too. But in the right context, I'll slam em down. Booze is booze.

Yeah, small place to the south. Maybe they just need time? Nobody from an established joint.

So... Hops?

Moar hops for me, no pic, lazy. Something something grapefruit something.

Maybe. Or maybe they'll fail. From the pics on their website I'd guess the latter. Especially come summer.

And yes. Hops.

And high ABV.

Lots of hops, lots of alcohol.

View attachment 1459730378467.jpg

Back