A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. About to go for a run while the wife watches some dumb Lifetime movie. Wife is joining the sick wives club, bad cough and runny nose.

Wife asks me to get the potting soil out of her car.

Wtf lol

View attachment 348603

Just another sign of nesting?

RIP treadmill elevation motor or logic board. Paid 50$ for the treadmill. Not going to spend 190$ for a logic board. Yes, I am a cheap @ss.

Next, moving weighted bars up and down for a while, and then 'za and coffee roasting.

Bacon jam and muenster on Ecco panne. God tier sammich.

Beer and ferm chamber cleanup and testing soonish I think.

Man, friendly friends are out having lives this weekend I guess. I've got laundry going, dishwasher going, baby asleep and nascar on tv. If it weren't 11:30 I'd be having a beer!

Watching the Peanuts movie before I do anything else. Pretty awesome if you're a Peanuts fan, in other words a decent human being.

Watching the Peanuts movie before I do anything else. Pretty awesome if you're a Peanuts fan, in other words a decent human being.

I love Peanuts...but hated that movie. Maybe I need to watch it again. I saw it at the theater with three kids when I was being Mr. Mom one weekend.

Frustrated.

Right now, I am (barely) making a living selling things in eBay (trying to as well on craigslist, but CL sucks in rural NC). I check out other sold pieces of whatever I have, and set my prices accordingly. I see where other things have sold at or higher than my listed price, yet my stuff just sits there. Comic books (& related things like t-shirts, etc.) are my main movers, but for a while now, things are just sitting there.

I have been going "dry" on the weekdays due to this and other concerns, but weekends are when I allow myself the luxury of a few beers. If I can't move something today, I'll be going dry all weekend as well.

:(

Also, difficult to build the pipeline when you can't buy ingredients to brew.

:mad:

Pardons, just had to whine for a moment... now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Frustrated.

Right now, I am (barely) making a living selling things in eBay (trying to as well on craigslist, but CL sucks in rural NC). I check out other sold pieces of whatever I have, and set my prices accordingly. I see where other things have sold at or higher than my listed price, yet my stuff just sits there. Comic books (& related things like t-shirts, etc.) are my main movers, but for a while now, things are just sitting there.

I have been going "dry" on the weekdays due to this and other concerns, but weekends are when I allow myself the luxury of a few beers. If I can't move something today, I'll be going dry all weekend as well.

Pardons, just had to whine for a moment... now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sucks. Didn't realize you were in that position. Maybe I don't PKU very well.

Frustrated.

Well damn dude. Sorry.

Just tried to sample my recently kegged Vienna lager and found out my co2 tank is empty. Doh!!!

Currently have an old cast iron skillet in the oven on a self-cleaning cycle. IDK if it's working though... probably should have hit it with some steel wool first. We'll see. I have some bacon I want to make for BLTs, not sure it will be ready in time though. I know after the clean I should do a round of oil seasoning first. I might skip that and just do the bacon though.

945274_971541836268343_5982591834661848663_n.jpg

Slym,

Didnt you use to cook? Just not interested in that anymore or having a hard time finding opportunities?

I did, but I have never been a line-cook. That's what people want.

There are other factors, too. It's complicated... sorry.

Ya, gonna make tacos for late lunch and then do the BLTs for dinner instead, so I can make the bacon in the cast iron for that greasygoodness.

Man I think I might have to turn on the sprinklers in the front yard tonight. Been turned off since November. Have one in the backyard I have to fix, but being in this small town the hardware store is closed. [emoji36]

Might as well...
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459714295.849191.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459714315.178140.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459714347.224145.jpg

It cooled from ~75 to 40 in like fifteen minutes, I'm assuming it works.
I need about 2" of clearance to get a water bottle in there, or narrower fermenters. Cheap Clint is cheap, so I'm going to attempt to dismantle the cooling unit/ice maker or cut the side panel enough to make a water bottle or bucket fit. I might go into the panel, because I'm thinking all the cooling lines are in the cooling unit. It's getting plastered with brewery stickers tonight.

Back