A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Same reason that compelled me to buy that Monty Python Holy Grail beer a few years ago. Couldn't resist. Don't recall being wowed by it...

I saw that at another store. It was on clearance for $4.99 6pk. I almost bought it for the same reason. I remember seeing it before for $14.99.

My dad is from Fall River so I have been a Sox fan since birth. It is funny because everyone here in the south are Braves fans.

We will be making the pilgrimage to Fenway soon.

Ouch. Fall River is a rough town Last year my wife and I went to a game and a drunk dude spilled an entire beer over her head. Lol. Bad times

Is it Friday yet? Wife made the mistake of asking me to stop by total wine after work to pick up...well, wine...(which I also did). And this:View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458182745.022225.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458182761.881352.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458182777.238612.jpg

Had these earlier. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458182841.302528.jpg Community raspberry was nice and refreshing. For a 7% something beer, I think I could chug the Hop Nosh - very smooth and lighter tasting than expected. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458182987.091171.jpg

We can talk. I think. I'm not really allowed to buy beer now.

Psy's red IPA. Still great. Poured it a little easier this time.View attachment 344925

PJ Masks!

Finished prepping my raised bed garden. It sucked last year, so I bought a new, little electric tiller, 4 big bags of MiracleGro 6 month feeding potting soil, and some Jobe's tomato and vegetable fertilizer. Over a couple of days, with a little beach trip in between, I broke up the dirt, tilled fertilizer into it, topped with potting soil, tilled that in, and planted a couple things: yellow bell pepper and oregano. More planting soon...mixed color carrots, mixed color Swiss chard, beets, radishes, and basil. There's some surviving rosemary, parsley, ginger, muscadine grape vines, and Cascade hops (3rd year). Grapes haven't produced any grapes yet (second or third year)...hope to transfer them to a grape arbor in the future. More will come later according to "gardening zone" calendar. Mainly tomatoes, pickling cucumbers, a couple more pepper varieties, and yellow squash.

Site won't load my photos...so I guess all that expensive, hard work didn't actually happen. Damn.

That Monty Python Holy Grail beer is good if you like Black Sheep's beers (which I do). They've got a pretty distinctive malt character to them. But I like their normal Black Sheep Ale better.

Shoulders dead, like everything else. Found a couple hidden bottles of my Pale Mild from late fall of last year (the all malt one that's simply a paler variant of my house Dark Mild). Nom. A little old, but still tasty.

PJ Masks!

My 3 year old's obsessed. He's cat boy, my wife is owlette, and I'm gecko! :)

Good luck with the garden! I gave up 2 yrs ago. Had a couple great seasons of tomatoes, cucumbers, wild lettuces, peppers, and then between the bugs and birds, it all went to ****.

Moving on to Prairie Brett C. A little spicy and funky in a good way! Gushed when I opened it for about 20 seconds...[View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458183850.665205.jpgATTACH]344949[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458183840.356699.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 38
Still not feeling friendly. Running on 3-1/2 hours sleep from the previous night, and have not had nor will get dinner tonight. The only thing I've eaten today is a piece of toast w/peanut butter, then **** for the rest of the day - the only good part was getting to a different HB store for some Red X malt for beer-making this weekend. Decided to go dry during the week this past weekend, and I want a beer so damn bad right now...

FML

Steak Toaster nacht kapf.

I do not know German, or anything but basic Spanish, mex style.

View attachment 344954

Only things I know in Spanish are dem's fightin words.

My German I think is probably much like @iijakii

ie badly cobbled together, poorly conjugated, poorly pronounced first year student.

I can read it alright. Hearing it less so. Writing it even less than that. Speaking it, don't even bother.

@Onetoeddogbrewery your name is stupid long. Your saison is less tart than I like mine, but still a damn good beer. I think @iijakii would like this.

View attachment 344917

Glad to see it made there enacted and still carb. I'm still practicing on bottling from a keg. I had a hard time getting it to go past *68 during fermentation. Should have either used@psy bucket technique or waited till after our weeks of winter were over first before brewing a saison. .

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458185428.743200.jpgthis is good I don't care what people say.

Only things I know in Spanish are dem's fightin words.

My German I think is probably much like @iijakii

ie badly cobbled together, poorly conjugated, poorly pronounced first year student.

I can read it alright. Hearing it less so. Writing it even less than that. Speaking it, don't even bother.

Sort of like a certain toaster of steak's English.

Anchorman. Watch it. Learn it. Live it.

Damn it. I think I've only seen it once.

and damn it again. I meant to look for those while I was in TX.

Worth a trip down for 'lunch' on Friday or did they say they are distro to the usual spots?

I thought raspberry origins was great - lots of fruit and the base beer was less aggressively sour than the first time it was released. I think it will hit distro. I'm less sure if blueberry serenata will, but I was less impressed too. This year's serenata is sweeter and less complex. There's a little blueberry on the finish, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping.

Watching "My 600 lb Life." Makes me crave fast food. Not going to lie, people on this show are what keep me running or walking several miles every day I can.

Worth the hype?

I chose to drink poor choices before it. I'll have to try one of the other 3 without hoppy beers beforehand to get an accurate taste.

Still not feeling friendly. Running on 3-1/2 hours sleep from the previous night, and have not had nor will get dinner tonight. The only thing I've eaten today is a piece of toast w/peanut butter, then **** for the rest of the day - the only good part was getting to a different HB store for some Red X malt for beer-making this weekend. Decided to go dry during the week this past weekend, and I want a beer so damn bad right now...

FML

Yep, lack of lunch caught up. You might as well drink your calories as well ;)

Mango Even Keel #2 after doing the dishes. Good when chugging while doing chores, but that's about it imo.

Nope. Not drinking until tomorrow night. Maybe not even then.

The place where I am staying is getting sketchy again. Homeowner wants to sell the house. This next beer might, once again, be the last I brew for a while. We'll see.

**** day turned into **** night.

Still not feeling friendly. Banishing myself from this thread until I get friendly again.

Alright friendly friends, I'm going to peace out of here for a couple weeks while I work hard to buy that beer bar.

The others that were interested bailed after seeing the price of admission.

The 2015 net margin was 25% from a gross of 72%, so I think a little trimming could get it over 30%. Good enough for me.

See you guys in a couple weeks, send me a PM if you need me.

PJ Masks!

Finished prepping my raised bed garden. It sucked last year, so I bought a new, little electric tiller, 4 big bags of MiracleGro 6 month feeding potting soil, and some Jobe's tomato and vegetable fertilizer. Over a couple of days, with a little beach trip in between, I broke up the dirt, tilled fertilizer into it, topped with potting soil, tilled that in, and planted a couple things: yellow bell pepper and oregano. More planting soon...mixed color carrots, mixed color Swiss chard, beets, radishes, and basil. There's some surviving rosemary, parsley, ginger, muscadine grape vines, and Cascade hops (3rd year). Grapes haven't produced any grapes yet (second or third year)...hope to transfer them to a grape arbor in the future. More will come later according to "gardening zone" calendar. Mainly tomatoes, pickling cucumbers, a couple more pepper varieties, and yellow squash.

Site won't load my photos...so I guess all that expensive, hard work didn't actually happen. Damn.

Uhh, if I have to watch the same episode again I'm going to do something drastic. They only have like 5 episodes of that show and my daughter has to watch it all the time

Alright friendly friends, I'm going to peace out of here for a couple weeks while I work hard to buy that beer bar.

The 2015 net margin was 25% from a gross of 72%, so I think a little trimming could get it over 30%. Good enough for me.

Good luck man. If anybody can pull it off I have faith that it's you.

Good luck dood. Hurry too... I might have to go up there for a branch visit soon. Wouldn't mind a beer or two on the house. Lol.

Kaffe in me belly. Gotta run to the store to get some paint and attempt to paint my helmet before work.

I had a QOTD, but it's not really trivia, necessarily. Who here has been banned from HBT - how many times, for how long, and what for? If you haven't been banned from here, but you have been banned from somewhere else, share that story instead.

Only nearly been banned from here. From a certain thread that got heated quickly. A few of you were involved in it. Over half the thread got deleted after the mods stepped in.

In college, junior year, I got banned from the basketball games for the rest of the season after a game against our biggest rival, which also happened to only be a 15 min drive to their campus. My university was called Mid-America Christian University, or MACU (pronounced Mack You). They had a sign on their wall that said "We will Smack U MACU!" After the both the women's and men's games ended in us killing them, a large swath of our students were obviously celebrating. I decided it would be a good idea to go tear the sign off the wall and wave it in front of their student section. One guy who was kinda a friend decided he wanted to be cool and follow along. At that point, I started to tear the sign, and he took some of it and was tearing it up and stomping on it on the court. One of their players saw him, I had pretty much stopped, and started rushing toward him. Nobody threw any punches, but it caused a big commotion. I got thrown under the bus, and didn't try to fight it, because it was just small-college basketball, and I could easily find something else to do. Me and my friends were also already known to try to get opponents' players really pissed. We got flipped off on a number of occasions, and cussed out quite often. It was entertaining to say the least.

Good luck @thatjonguy !

Oh, and you should probably prepare yourself for some stupid number of notifications in your absence. :D

Drinking coffee, for some reason I've chosen to be a responsible adult today instead of going out drinking.

and damn it again. I meant to look for those while I was in TX.
The regular stout was just downtown specs and bourbon was only austin and dallas. Houston always gets screwed

Wait i did a mock order of Belgium in a box. You cant leave me lol. Good luck! If i am ever in your neck of the woods ill swing by. Also *tears forming* you will always be out little guy in little brown short shorts. *sniff**wipes tear*

Back