A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooking turkey meatballs with tzatziki sauce for dinner.

I love peach and apricot beers, almost time to brew my apricot blonde again. @Brizzo has a great smelling apricot sour, bottle broke in transit.

A fellow Red Sox fan as well it appears.

WGV Bitter. Got I hope this does well at NHC. Might be a touch too dry and bitter though (very much upper end of style).

That's 6 beers on the night, so I'm calling it quits for now.

Apparently pics aren't working right now. Doh.

Thanks. Maybe one of these days I'll be unlazy enough to do a step mash. Assuming Beersmith can maths out the steps' temp and volume of added infusion?

Always beer prepared to add more than BeerSmith says you need to. It always underestimates. Both for infusions and decoctions.

Just FYI

18r3x709dx90ojpg.jpg

I want a burger goddammit. Haven't had one in a while.

Hummus crusted chicken almost done in the oven. We do it with a spinach salad with feta, walnuts, dried cranberries, and balsamic vinaigrette. It's delicious together. And very easy to make.

Alright recipe making finished.

Rye Pale Ale:
OG - 1.060
FG - 1.012
IBU - 31
EBC - 19

Maris Otter - 69%
Rye Malt - 23.8%
Caramunich - 6%
Acid Malt - 1.2% (pH adjustment)

Warrior - 60 min - 31 IBUs
Citra/Amarillo/HBC 429 - 30-min Hopstand @ 75C - 30g each (about 1oz each)
Citra/Amarillo/HBC 429 - 5-day dry hop - 40g each

Target water:
5.36 mash pH - 91 Ca - .6 Mg - 3.5 Na - 113 SO4 - 48 CaCl2

Whaddya think?

Water, playing Mr. Mom again tonight. Frozen chicken for dinner, baby makes it really hard to cook.

Watching the NCAAs for some dumb reason. I freakin hate basketball and the brackets don't even count these games.

Water, playing Mr. Mom again tonight. Frozen chicken for dinner, baby makes it really hard to cook.

Watching the NCAAs for some dumb reason. I freakin hate basketball and the brackets don't even count these games.

Hold up there's basketball on?

GTFO KIDS.

Cooking turkey meatballs with tzatziki sauce for dinner.

I love peach and apricot beers, almost time to brew my apricot blonde again. @Brizzo has a great smelling apricot sour, bottle broke in transit.

A fellow Red Sox fan as well it appears.

Still bummed it broke- there were only 12 bottles made. The non fruited one scored high in a regional hb competition and j thought the peach one was way better.

Born and raised a Red Sox fan, took my daughter to her first game at Fenway last year for Star Wars day. Can't wait to go some more this year

Only skipped 750 posts from two days. Good lord! Just finished a shower 8bit after a 13 hour day. Everything that could have went wrong at work, did. Beer was over carbed so we started two hours late since that had to be fixed, paktech kept crushing cans (buff sweat at that!), star wheel was not in sync and kept denting or poking tiny holes in cans, xray machine broke at one point, depal pushed 400 empty cans onto the floor from 12 feet up, and to top it off we had to keg 240 kegs. Long day but its all worth it. Mmmm beer. :D

Only skipped 750 posts from two days. Good lord! Just finished a shower 8bit after a 13 hour day. Everything that could have went wrong at work, did. Beer was over carbed so we started two hours late since that had to be fixed, paktech kept crushing cans (buff sweat at that!), star wheel was not in sync and kept denting or poking tiny holes in cans, xray machine broke at one point, depal pushed 400 empty cans onto the floor from 12 feet up, and to top it off we had to keg 240 kegs. Long day but its all worth it. Mmmm beer. :D

Only skipped 750 words from that long post..

I thought you just went in, watched it fill, and left with a case at the end of the day.

You gots a real job.

Still bummed it broke- there were only 12 bottles made. The non fruited one scored high in a regional hb competition and j thought the peach one was way better.

Born and raised a Red Sox fan, took my daughter to her first game at Fenway last year for Star Wars day. Can't wait to go some more this year

My dad is from Fall River so I have been a Sox fan since birth. It is funny because everyone here in the south are Braves fans.

We will be making the pilgrimage to Fenway soon.

Latest posts

Back