A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna make some burgers in a bit, and decided to make my mom's potato croquettes as a side. Citrusinensis #2 on a completely empty stomach. I hate missing lunch, but at least I'll be buzzed shortly.

@hunter_la5 irl

gtyYPIh.jpg

Same beer or new beer?

Must be a semi-serious softball league if they can trade and release

Same beer...took a gravity (1.004) sample today and it tastes great. I know you mentioned maybe splitting and dry hopping half when I asked about dry hopping...stewing about that since I make small batches (3 gal) so not sure if it's worth it. If I did I would probably go with mosaic since I have it and I like it :)
Thoughts everybody? dry hop or no? And another question, I usually cold crash, can I do that with this as well or should I rack it first and then cold crash? Or no cold crash at all?

softball league...I was joking about that....sort of...it's a church softball league. Some of the teams can get pretty competitive, ours not so much. We have 3 teams in our church and they used to be sort of ranked best to social. Then they made them all fairly even (we all stunk) but I think there is a push from some of the more competitive guys to make them less social this year. I tend to lean towards social :D

Same beer...took a gravity (1.004) sample today and it tastes great. I know you mentioned maybe splitting and dry hopping half when I asked about dry hopping...stewing about that since I make small batches (3 gal) so not sure if it's worth it. If I did I would probably go with mosaic since I have it and I like it :)
Thoughts everybody? dry hop or no? And another question, I usually cold crash, can I do that with this as well or should I rack it first and then cold crash? Or no cold crash at all?

I had 3 gallons of peach sour - split off 1 gal for separate dry hopping. Ended up liking the plain version more, so maybe not the best example of my point, but nothing wrong with 1 gallon batches. I'd say dry hop the whole thing though.

I don't typically cold crash, so that would be my vote.

I had 3 gallons of peach sour - split off 1 gal for separate dry hopping. Ended up liking the plain version more, so maybe not the best example of my point, but nothing wrong with 1 gallon batches. I'd say dry hop the whole thing though.

I don't typically cold crash, so that would be my vote.

Last question (maybe not), I usually dry hop in primary, can I do that here or should I dry hop in secondary?
And thanks again for your help!

Drinking my kitchen sink Tripel. First evening this week I don't have a metric sh**ton (technical term) to do. Need to do a *quick* gym session later tonight (brief warmup and then blast my shoulders for 20 minutes), but that's it.

I suppose I should make dinner.

Last question (maybe not), I usually dry hop in primary, can I do that here or should I dry hop in secondary?
And thanks again for your help!

Yep, go for primary, no reason for secondary, unless you decide to split the batch (rack off the first gallon for dry hop, then the rest to bottling bucket).

Also, lucky me, got my new insurance rates for the Ducati in. For some reason Intact still doesn't think I own a sportbike, and since I'm such a responsible rider (no tickets or accidents) my rates went down, so I'm now paying $1074/year ($89/month). Which is high for the USA I know, but is quite good up here in Canuckistan. Rates for most riders are going up across the board.

Yikes. That does seem high. How long is the riding season up there?

Woke up feeling great this morningish. About an hour later my lower back started hurting. I did not even do anything to hurt it besides get out of bed and make coffee. How does someone hurt their back making coffee?!?

What he said. At least from 15-18 seconds.. Not the rest. I swear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, go for primary, no reason for secondary, unless you decide to split the batch (rack off the first gallon for dry hop, then the rest to bottling bucket).

Thanks everybody for your help. Going with the mosaic in primary.
Cool stuff!

Keep your fingers crossed one of the teams needs a sub .200 hitting mediocre right fielder! :ban:

Back