A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Football. Painted it matte black, will get the decal on Saturday after our weekend camp.

F@cked it up a little. Gonna have to sand some parts down and retry tomorrow.

Oh, so when you keep talking about football, you really do mean American football. Just assumed you meant soccer since you're in Europe and all.

Also, I don't think I've heard of pickup football leagues that play in full pads.

Kaffe in me belly. Gotta run to the store to get some paint and attempt to paint my helmet before work.

I am airbrushing baseball helmets now, wish these people would come to me during the off season so I do not have to rush.

Everyone: Will it be ready for the first game
ME: when is your first game
Everyone: Next week
ME: Nope.

I tell them to go to one of those guys in the mall if they want a quick paint job.

@DisturbdChemist

Happy Bday

Morning all. Happy Birthday DC.

Got a short day today. Against my better judgement I will be going to a bar on St. Paddy's day to 'watch' college basketball and get harassed by IT vendors.

So, you're a ginger celebrating a birthday on St. Patricks day and beer will be had?
Somewhere in there is a stereotype, I just can't find it.

Hey! i'm only half ginger. Just the beard part not the hair. So i have half a soul and there is a stereotype. Drunk Irish brewing leprechaun.

Hey! i'm only half ginger. Just the beard part not the hair. So i have half a soul and there is a stereotype. Drunk Irish brewing leprechaun.

Happy St Patrick's Day. Keep an eye out for this little flocker:

17283367-large.jpg

I had a QOTD, but it's not really trivia, necessarily. Who here has been banned from HBT - how many times, for how long, and what for? If you haven't been banned from here, but you have been banned from somewhere else, share that story instead.

Never been banned, but I was thrown out of a bar for slam dancing once.

Happy Beerthday Dustin!

Was that news story before your time in 'Murica?

I never heard it before. Seems plausible enough. We probably surreptitiously shipped them over in the belly of the Mayflower to lay the groundwork for the huddled masses to follow.

Flocked if I know how they ended up in Mobile

Oh, so when you keep talking about football, you really do mean American football. Just assumed you meant soccer since you're in Europe and all.

Also, I don't think I've heard of pickup football leagues that play in full pads.

Haha yeah real football! Sorry to the British in this thread.

It's not a pickup league. It's semi-pro. About D2/D3 level of play. They pay coaches and "import" players from the states. Pretty serious. I'm not an import though, just a walk-on.

I did play in a pick up league in full pads in Mexico though.

Haha yeah real football! Sorry to the British in this thread.

It's not a pickup league. It's semi-pro. About D2/D3 level of play. They pay coaches and "import" players from the states. Pretty serious. I'm not an import though, just a walk-on.

Oh, so you mean women's rugby?

:D

It's not a pickup league. It's semi-pro. About D2/D3 level of play.

I never got to play D2. When it came out, my computer could barely run MS Word. D3 was okay, but just way too easy.

I've never been banned from anything that I can think of... I'm a pretty chill dude, man. Um. I did almost, wrongfully get kicked out of the Order of the Arrow. Fought it. Received formal apologies from the council, which I saved to this day.. then removed myself from the Order due to local corruption. That's, about it. I'm boring.

To answer the QOTD, I got banned from the Bad Religion MB several times. That's it. I think I'm allowed to go to my town's Whataburger now. It's been twenty years, anyone who remembers the fire shouldn't work there anymore.

Happy Birthday DC! Those beers look good. I must have missed it... How do I get a check from Goose Island?

The time passed. You could have called them and get a refund for the coffee and the BW. The offer is over sadly. Got a shirt and a refund for most of the bottles I purchased. Time to cash said check

Red beards unite.

My takes on a reddish hue when it's longer.

Just glad it isn't that god-awful blinding orange color. Haha.

Aha! another clue to the puzzle. I'll add it to my list which I am compiling for a police sketch artist

wanted: Red(ish?) bearded man, wielding cardboard tube, very dangerous and has been known to train smaller minions that wield brooms

My buddy is at Shenanigans right now... just sent me a pic of a big ol' glass of Jameson on the rocks.

Now I'm thirsty.

Back