A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get it. I've used the same joke.

I am HBT young though.

How's things otherwise?

Pretty good man! Finished my Siebel course so that frees up some time. The other two jobs havent been too intrusive or time consuming yet which was made this transition go easier. Still learning a ton at work and have even more to learn still. Having fun busting my hump though! Hows your mountain of beer looking?

Kaffe in me belly. Gotta run to the store to get some paint and attempt to paint my helmet before work.

I had a QOTD, but it's not really trivia, necessarily. Who here has been banned from HBT - how many times, for how long, and what for? If you haven't been banned from here, but you have been banned from somewhere else, share that story instead.

Only nearly been banned from here. From a certain thread that got heated quickly. A few of you were involved in it. Over half the thread got deleted after the mods stepped in.

In college, junior year, I got banned from the basketball games for the rest of the season after a game against our biggest rival, which also happened to only be a 15 min drive to their campus. My university was called Mid-America Christian University, or MACU (pronounced Mack You). They had a sign on their wall that said "We will Smack U MACU!" After the both the women's and men's games ended in us killing them, a large swath of our students were obviously celebrating. I decided it would be a good idea to go tear the sign off the wall and wave it in front of their student section. One guy who was kinda a friend decided he wanted to be cool and follow along. At that point, I started to tear the sign, and he took some of it and was tearing it up and stomping on it on the court. One of their players saw him, I had pretty much stopped, and started rushing toward him. Nobody threw any punches, but it caused a big commotion. I got thrown under the bus, and didn't try to fight it, because it was just small-college basketball, and I could easily find something else to do. Me and my friends were also already known to try to get opponents' players really pissed. We got flipped off on a number of occasions, and cussed out quite often. It was entertaining to say the least.

My brother has been banned from Royal Caribbean cruise line. Like seriously black listed. He was a hard core pill popper back in the day, and on this trip he decided to start fights with everybody, tried to throw a chair through a window, broke a bunch of stuff...did anybody else know commercial cruise lines still have a brig? I didn't until after that story.

...did anybody else know commercial cruise lines still have a brig? I didn't until after that story.

I only knew because we were on a family cruise when I was young and my bro asked my dad. Not from experience though... it does make sense I guess.

Yeast is up early. Even with fermcap. Haven't brewed with 001 in years. Damn that top cropper. Also, does it look to have a pink hue? Weird. Used the same dme as I always do.

Pretty good man! Finished my Siebel course so that frees up some time. The other two jobs havent been too intrusive or time consuming yet which was made this transition go easier. Still learning a ton at work and have even more to learn still. Having fun busting my hump though! Hows your mountain of beer looking?

That's awesome. Beer mountain is still beer mountain. It will always be beer mountain.

Alright friendly friends, I'm going to peace out of here for a couple weeks while I work hard to buy that beer bar.

The others that were interested bailed after seeing the price of admission.

The 2015 net margin was 25% from a gross of 72%, so I think a little trimming could get it over 30%. Good enough for me.

See you guys in a couple weeks, send me a PM if you need me.

Best of luck! I know you can do it even if you'll be putting in 30 hour days for a while.

French press on another foggy morning.

My brother has been banned from Royal Caribbean cruise line. Like seriously black listed. He was a hard core pill popper back in the day, and on this trip he decided to start fights with everybody, tried to throw a chair through a window, broke a bunch of stuff...did anybody else know commercial cruise lines still have a brig? I didn't until after that story.

They also have a morgue.

Red bull.

Morning all. Full Throttling... ready to get this work day over with already. Excited for training tonight, get to learn a bunch of new techniques with my new rank.

Morning all. Full Throttling... ready to get this work day over with already. Excited for training tonight, get to learn a bunch of new techniques with my new rank.

How many cardboard tube swinging techniques could there possibly be

Morning friends. Overslept this morning. Enjoying the coffee. Ugly game last night but the good guys prevailed. Excited for games today, I should have extended my leave to take today off work and binge watch. Oh well.

How many cardboard tube swinging techniques could there possibly be

giphy.gif

Morning. Coffee. Trying to stay chill today. Need it.

I had a QOTD, but it's not really trivia, necessarily. Who here has been banned from HBT - how many times, for how long, and what for? If you haven't been banned from here, but you have been banned from somewhere else, share that story instead.

Never been banned here. I almost got blacklisted at a beer bar that my group of friends used to frequent in college, but it wasn't really anything I did.

The one guy in our group always made a point of ordering the strongest thing he could find on the beer list--it usually ended up being something like Old Rasputin or Delirium Tremens--which he would almost always dislike. So, he'd chug it to get rid of it quicker. He was also a lightweight, so 2 beers would knock him on his butt.

The one time, we were taking another friend out for his 21st b-day. The first guy was already being his obnoxious self, and the birthday boy had quite a bit to drink as well. The rest of us didn't realize it, but on our way out the door, he puked in an empty pitcher and left it on the table.

The next time we went, the bartender that served us the last time warned the new server that we were trouble and she shouldn't give us any alcohol. Luckily, she gave us a 2nd chance if we promised not to be a-holes.

Alright friendly friends, I'm going to peace out of here for a couple weeks while I work hard to buy that beer bar.

The others that were interested bailed after seeing the price of admission.

The 2015 net margin was 25% from a gross of 72%, so I think a little trimming could get it over 30%. Good enough for me.

See you guys in a couple weeks, send me a PM if you need me.

Best of luck mate.

Was trying to think of something clever to say but I see CAD was the clevererest and has scooped the internets already this morning. Congrats CAD. I can't see your gif but if it's Duffman approved that's enough evidence for me.

Here is the material I was working with; some slotcars(?) and sword. Pointless now it seems.

029.jpg

Best of luck mate.

Was trying to think of something clever to say but I see CAD was the clevererest and has scooped the internets already this morning. Congrats CAD. I can't see your gif but if it's Duffman approved that's enough evidence for me.

Here is the material I was working with; some slotcars(?) and sword. Pointless now it seems.

029.jpg

Hot Wheels fail. :D

So, wtf is going on with the Untappd beer bracket? They have Maine Beer Co. in the West bracket, Green Flash in the East, Deschutes in the midwest, and I don't think any of the South breweries are southern.

https://untappd.com/madness

Soo, it's just like the real tournament then.

Finally got the check from inbev *cough* goose.

View attachment 344983

Also some Bday beers later tonight once i get out of stupid work
View attachment 344984

Happy bday and enjoy that lineup.

Back