55g Brutus 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmokramer

Reaction score
Alright so I'll start this off by saying I have already built a Sanke based e-herms setup using a bcs 460 that happily rests in my kitchen at home. Since that time I have opened a homebrewshop and find most of my time not at my day job is at my shop. Unfortunately that means it is difficult to find the time to brew theses day. On the upside it means the swmbo gave me the ok to build another rig! (As long as it stays at the shop).

On this build I ordered 55 g blichmans and will have to keep it propane since there is no NG or enough electricity to meet the powers requirements. Has anybody had experience with these kettles this size on propane? I've read some posts about only getting a boil "in the middle". Recomendations on burners and stand designs would be helpful as well. I'm keeping this build simple and trying to keep in line with a Brutus style build.
Thanks, and here's a pic if the first kettle that came in yesterday

image.jpg

Have you talked to the property manager or an electrician about pulling a circuit for brewing? That might be worth the expense. Probably a 100-amp circuit? Could run 3 5500w elements no problem.

That blingman pot is huge!

Have you talked to the property manager or an electrician about pulling a circuit for brewing? That might be worth the expense. Probably a 100-amp circuit? Could run 3 5500w elements no problem.

That blingman pot is huge!

Shoot, I only have 60 amps coming to the whole unit, lol. Don't think I could get another hundred without a major expense, the property manager has a very hands off approach and doesn't fix anything, but in turns leaves me alone to do what I like.

I'm fine going with LP for now, at a later time I can switch to. NG when it becomes available. Even though the kettles are large with propane is seams more doable to customers than electric, I used to have my e-rig up there and it actually intimidated a lot of people.

Back