• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Washington 55 Lb bag Dark Caramel Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelakebrewing

Reaction score
I have for sale a 55 lb bag of Best Malz dark caramel malt.

I realize this is a strange item but it would be great for anyone who owns a LHBS, has a small nanobrewery or for a large club brew.

Asking $25 or best offer. The grain is located in Bellingham, WA, and for obvious reasons local pickup is preffered. I could meet within reason along I-5.

Here is from best malz website:

Description

Our first class BEST Caramel dark (crystal malt) reinforces the typical “caramely” malt aroma of the beer. It gives the beer a significantly darker colour and increases foam stability. In addition, it enhances the full-bodied character of the beer.

After the germination is finished, the green malt is stewed and roasted using a special process.

The colour of the malt can be adjusted to customer requirements within a range of ± 10%.

As with all BEST caramel malts, this malt is of exceptional quality, both due to its excellent processing characteristics and superior flavour.

Use

Perfectly suited for lager, märzen, wheat beer, dark beer, bock beer, special beer as well as for many other beers.

Color

90-120 EBC / 34-46 L

photo 1 (3).JPG

If I was close enough for pickup, I would be interested for personal use but alas, that is a little far...

47 h (3,134.2 mi) via I-94 W and I-90 W

Good deal: just a bit too.. far for me or I would jump on that deal.
You may want to let people know how old it is, and how it was stored. :eek:nestar:

Good deal: just a bit too.. far for me or I would jump on that deal.
You may want to let people know how old it is, and how it was stored. :eek:nestar:

Im sure its at least a few months old. Purchased from Country Malt Group. Was stored in the grain room at our brewery.

shipping would kill this deal consider my location. Basically as Northwest as you can get.....:smack:

Back