• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio 50lb Bags of DME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nohbudi

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I acquired these in trade for some electrical work from a local bakery who had a large bagel contract fall through. I haven't been using it and it's been sitting for the past month, I'd like to sell most of it, and keep the rest for starter worts.

They are Malt Products Non-Diastatic 377D Amber. I currently have 8 available.

http://www.maltproducts.com/products.malt.html

$50 EACH!

Pickup Only, unless you are willing to assume some big shipping costs.

Located in NW Toledo, OH.

i'm not familiar with that brand of dme. have you confirmed that it works okay?

On topic and not meant to derail from the sale, but can I ask what a Baker does with DME? I had no idea it was useful for anything other than brewing. I will remove this if the OP would like me to. Just curious.

On topic and not meant to derail from the sale, but can I ask what a Baker does with DME? I had no idea it was useful for anything other than brewing. I will remove this if the OP would like me to. Just curious.

DME is used in the boiling solution for bagels. In addition to the DME adding sugars for color (via caramelization) and flavor, they're boiled to "set" the chewy crust and interior texture - the same is done with pretzels using baking soda.

That said, I'd take them all if I could afford it. Sorry for the derailment.

Any chance you are heading towards Cincinnati in the future? Good deal considering the lhbs charges 5+ dollars per pound.

There is a chance I might make it as far as Lansing... I guess if everything falls into place I could bring it as far as, but an individual bag might be a bit restrictive... perhaps two? ;)

i'm driving up there around September 14. If I pay in advance could you hold a bag for me? I could also possibly pick up bags for other cincinnatians.

I will, but it will likely be close to $40 a bag to ship.

Previously you gave me this shipping estimate which I at the time got the feeling that it was an estimate.

At your recent price adjustment I went from interested to very interested.

Can you give me a shipping quote to ship one or two of these bags to zip code 19805? Thank you

hey i sent you a PM....text me and ill take 2 bags off your hands this week if you still have them

Previously you gave me this shipping estimate which I at the time got the feeling that it was an estimate.

At your recent price adjustment I went from interested to very interested.

Can you give me a shipping quote to ship one or two of these bags to zip code 19805? Thank you

I just looked into it on the UPS website and the price was around around the same as I quoted originally. USPS was a little cheaper, but their online estimates have never held true for me.

Back