1st Annual Homebrewtalk.com Pay it Forward thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this qualifies for the letter of this thread, but certainly it does for spirit.

NukeBrewer found he had hops that he is unable to use prior to leaving his home for an extended period of time.

He offered the hops to HBT members in a thread earlier this week. No strings attached just wanting to help his fellow brewers out.

I responded and offered to provide half the hops to somebody else. At our local HB Club meeting the other night, I asked a couple of members to come up with a good way to distribute the hops.

We are a very new club and beginning to plan our first activity for Jan, a group brew. This is what they came up with, "As an extra incentive for members to participate in the January Group Brew we will be giving away a few ounces of hops to one lucky member who attends the brew. You do not have to be brewing that day to be entered to win. Just showing up to show your support is enough to be entered to win."

Nuke, again I want to thank you and please know your kindness is being passed forward.

Ok I have 4 oz of Cluster pellet hops (2007) they need to go to the home of someone that can and will use them.
Cheers
JJ
HOPS ARE GOING TO SHONUFF

pedal, thats a nice thing to bring to the plate! glad it swooped up quickly!

I still have bottles & a bucket for anybody who can stop by my abode in 24354 to pick up. I know theres HBT members in Abingdon, Blacksburg & Big Stone Gap.

are you shipping? if so i could use some bottles badly and would love to take them off your hands.

I have some one step, a capper, and the stuff that came in the goody bag from AHS (minus the free shipping, already used that) that I could give out. I can split this up or send all to one person. Probably a couple other odds and ends too.

Would love the capper if still available.

I'd like to offer, to someone who has not tried it before, 7 lbs of sodium percarbonate (OxiClean).

With all the talk of how great Oxyclean is on the forum I guess I should check it out huh? If this is still available I would be very grateful for a chance to use the cleaning agent.

Not too sure if I have anything to give, yet. My first brew has been fermenting for just 5 days :eek:.

Thanks.

Woah Man! I don't know how in the heck I ever missed this thread!!!!!

I'll offer up:
8oz Simcoe Hops (pellet), 2006 Crop. They've been vac sealed since I got them last year, but they were funky when I got them, and so I've not been using them. NOT fresh - but would probably be good in a Lambic. They might also be OK for bittering use, since they were pretty darn high AA% when they were fresh. Either way, these are as-is hops, YMMV with the results.
GONE: Birchgrove77

and also

4oz GR Hersbrucker Hops (pellet), 2007 Crop Hops Direct. These are 3.2% AA, and ARE still fresh smelling. Been under vac seal since the day I got 'em in the mail, packed in one 4oz package. Great for american wheats, hefe's, pilsners, and I even did a really tasty 2-Row & Hersbrucker SMaSH.
GONE: curtis97322

So - that's TWO seperate lots, for TWO seperate people.

I have a few other things to offer up too, but I'd like to dig around in my brew room before I post the rest of them. Off topic, I'm really sad I missed out on the copy of Extreme Brewing. :( Serves me right, I gotta read new threads more often!!!

Chriso, if no one else has claimed these hops I wouldn't mind giving them a shot in a recipe I've had bouncing around in my head. I'll have to dig around at home and see what I can offer up.

Woah Man! I don't know how in the heck I ever missed this thread!!!!!

I'll offer up:
8oz Simcoe Hops (pellet), 2006 Crop. They've been vac sealed since I got them last year, but they were funky when I got them, and so I've not been using them. NOT fresh - but would probably be good in a Lambic. They might also be OK for bittering use, since they were pretty darn high AA% when they were fresh. Either way, these are as-is hops, YMMV with the results.

Done, Birchgrove, sending you a PM.

The Hersbrucker are still available.

I picked up some goodies the other day so it's my turn to return the favor. I have ten feet of 3/8" clear tubing for racking beer, etc. It's Tygon R-3603 lab tubing to be specific. Just shoot me a PM with your shipping address, and it is yours.

ten feet of 3/8" clear tubing - Gone: hcarter

-Eric

4 items up for grabs:

Home Beermaking Book/Pamphlet - The booklet that comes with the kits Morebeer sells. Never opened.
Wing Capper - The capper that comes with the kits MoreBeer sells. I've upgrade to a bench capper and have another wing capper backup.
2 Free Shipping Coupons from Austin Homebrew. 1 GONE - TimSTi
25' Copper Immersion Chiller - It ain't pretty, but it works just fine. Garden hose fittings included. GONE - svudah
Propane Burner/Stand - Upgraded my setup and this is an extra one I have laying around. GONE - uwjester

The chiller and burner, I'd rather see someone pickup instead of shipping a big ass box, but it can be done either way.

PC100022.JPG

PC100023.JPG

PC100024.JPG

PC100025.JPG

If no one can pick up the burner, I'd love to have it. I'd pay shipping to make it work out.

edit-- If someone can pick up the burner, please don't hesitate to say so.

Kelsch, I am in need of a chiller as I just upgraded to all grain and full boils. If its still available let me know.

Great idea for a thread, btw.

<EDIT> GONE I have about 15' of black vinyl 1/4 in. beer hose that was given to me. Also have about the same length in 1/4 braided poly hose. I'd like it to find a home. It's just sitting with the rest of my surplus keg parts.

black vinyl: Beer Line Hose - Black Vinyl, 50'

I have yet another free shipping coupon from austinhomebrew.com that I won't be using before it expires on 12/31.

PM me if you want it and I'll give you the code.

Gone to s3n8

I have about 15' of black vinyl 1/4 in. beer hose that was given to me. Also have about the same length in 1/4 braided poly hose. I'd like it to find a home. It's just sitting with the rest of my surplus keg parts.

black vinyl: Beer Line Hose - Black Vinyl, 50'

if this is suitable kegerator hose, i'll snag one of the lengths. i'll be looking to build my first kegerator in a month or so, so as long as it'll work for that, i'll pay shipping. :)

if this is suitable kegerator hose, i'll snag one of the lengths. i'll be looking to build my first kegerator in a month or so, so as long as it'll work for that, i'll pay shipping. :)

Please p.m. with shipping addy and they're both yours.

I had been looking for this thread again all day and never noticed it got stickied....

.... no real point to that post just bored and wanted to say something..... i'll shut up now

Figured I would join in on the fun. I have two Wyeast activator smack packs, 3725 Bier de Garde, that I am not going to use. They can either go both to one person or I will split them up.

Info from Wyeast: 3725

EDIT: Gone! One to Chriso and the other to JacobInIndy

I'll take the Bier De Garde yeast...

EDIT: cancel that...I have nothing to pay it forward with. I still need all my homebrew equipment... Unless you don't mind, then I guess I'll still take it.

If it's available, I would gladly take the other Biere De Garde, it's a style I've been itching to try! :D

I was able to take advantage of some hops, so it my turn. I unfortunately don't have much to offer, but whoever need a packet of Nottingham, its yours. I am a new father this week, so I may disappear for large chunks of time, so forgive me if I am not quick on the trigger to any responses.

Enjoy the holidays! :mug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back