1st Annual Homebrewtalk.com Pay it Forward thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone is giving away multiple items I think its in good taste to offer to pay for shipping so they arent paying to ship stuff all over the country. But thats just me. Carry on!

Aiight, Dug some stuff up:

1 racking cane with a doohiky that holds in to the side of the bucket
2 bags of crown caps
I'll throw in a misc funnel (smallish)
1 Bag toasted oak chips

This is offered as a lot only, take it all!
Dang, and I really wanted that doohickey.:D

I still have the 7 lb. tub of Oxiclean to offer. I originally wanted it to go to someone who hasn't tried it, but if someone is running low, I'd like to send it to them.
I think you'll re-use the container it comes in, too.

Regards

The thought is that you will give something and you will get something and so you would be paying shipping on someting. I know some people don't have anything to give and not all items are equal in value or what it would cost to ship it, but that is a whole lot easier than trying to paypal money back and forth.

It's not perfect, but if everyone remembers this is suppose to be in the spirit of the holiday season, hopefully no one will fell like they were taken advatange of and feel good that they were able to help out a fellow homebrewer. :mug:

And I also still have:

Both GONE to Gosassin

One plunger style bottle corker
One The art of making wine book

Can send together or seperate.

I have a stainless steel wort chiller that someone sent me a long time ago but that I've never used. Built my own out of copper, and it's not really designed to go in a keggle unless you can re-bend the tubing so that it doesn't point downward. If I remember, I'll post a pic tonight, but since it was a gift I'm not planning to use, I'll offer it up to whoever wants it.

Did someone else PM for this before I posted?

I have some one step, a capper, and the stuff that came in the goody bag from AHS (minus the free shipping, already used that) that I could give out. I can split this up or send all to one person. Probably a couple other odds and ends too.

2 bags of crown caps
1 Bag toasted oak chips

If this is available it could help me out. I definately broke my racking cane last week. Don't drink and brew kids.:mug:

GONE to Jim Karr

If anyone is interested I have an Acid testing kit made by L.D. Carlson. Its the one with Sodium hydroxide and Phenolphthalein. Used twice. Someone please take it cause its just collecting dust.

Oh, I want that warm and fuzzy feeling! I've got (these are 07) HOPS!

2oz. Cluster 7% Zac wins
2oz. Cascade 6.3% Cauldron7 wins
1.5oz Saaz jharres

The cluster and cascade both weigh 2oz in the package, so they may be a tad under in actual weight. For some reason I don't have the % for the Saaz, but I do remember them being within normal specs.

Please, one hop per customer, to make it more fairer.:D

Bump. No one wants free hops? Take these tonight! I need to go to the post office tomorrow, don't make me go twice.:D The first address pm gets them.

All hops are gone, thanks.

Summary of items up to this point that may still be available

Items that appear not to be claimed yet:

I'd like to offer, to someone who has not tried it before, 7 lbs of sodium percarbonate (OxiClean).

I've got the following:
[*]1 older Emily style capper. I got it in a box of HB stuff from Craigslist. It is a bit worn, a little rusty on the metal parts. Mechanically, it is sound. Just a little ugly.[/LIST]I've got a few more things to offer, but I think I'll wait a while on the rest of them. I can't afford to ship everything right now.

Some Items I would like to offer...

1-Picnic Tap
1-Hand bottle capper(like in AnOldUR's post)

Thread prosted!!!:mug:

I LOVE pay it forward things. I used to do this on a paintball forum, and I gave away a draft tower earlier this year. Lets see, I don't have much unfortunately this time around but someone is welcome to the following:

4oz bottle of Iodophor (got it as a gift, but from the start I used star san)
1 packet KC finings
bag of Irish moss

I wish I had stuff to offer. All I've got is a 8 oz of B-Brite and 16 oz of C-Brite if anybody wants them.

McKBrew, I'd put those hops to good use. :)
I have an extra bottle capper for whoever wants it. I've never used it. It came with some equipment I bought and my current capper works fine.
I'll look through my stuff, I might have more to give away.

I have some one step, a capper, and the stuff that came in the goody bag from AHS (minus the free shipping, already used that) that I could give out. I can split this up or send all to one person. Probably a couple other odds and ends too.

Also, not interested in shipping, but I would be willing to part with a few cases of empty bottles & a bottling bucket if anybody is near 24354 & wants to pick up.

Items that look to be claimed, but original thread not updated:

I have a stainless steel wort chiller that someone sent me a long time ago but that I've never used. Built my own out of copper, and it's not really designed to go in a keggle unless you can re-bend the tubing so that it doesn't point downward. If I remember, I'll post a pic tonight, but since it was a gift I'm not planning to use, I'll offer it up to whoever wants it.
Appears to be gone to dataz722

Some Items I would like to offer...

1-Faucet mounted bottle washer

Thread prosted!!!:mug:
Appears to be gone to aryiman

2 bags of crown caps
1 Bag toasted oak chips

Appears to be gone to Lothar

Hope that helps

I also have a free shipping coupon from AHS. Forest said there was no expiration date.

Gone

I would like to have one if no one claims them. I just do not want to hog stuff, I am already getting a bottle washer. Just let me know which one.

I'll take the other Shipping coupon. I'll dig some more stuff up to pony up with. I'm getting ready to make a very large order from them.

Looks like aryiman gets the first coupon from Masshole. I'll send mine to zac.

PM sent to zac.

YOu guys seriously have me feeling guilty. All the knowledge that I have aquired form this site and I have nothing to offer. I have the bare minimums with just a few extra airlocks and random stuff that no one will want.

I am almost ready to buy something just to offer up. You guys are great!!!

YOu guys seriously have me feeling guilty. All the knowledge that I have aquired form this site and I have nothing to offer. I have the bare minimums with just a few extra airlocks and random stuff that no one will want.

I am almost ready to buy something just to offer up. You guys are great!!!

I'll take it!!! what ever you buy (don't be cheep) I'll take it***LOL***j/j:D

Thanks Jaybird. I am pondering now. This is Kinda like a secret santa, just without the secret, and something that someone actually wants lol.

PS. Jaybird, I find it hard to believe that you need anything. I saw the pictures of your hop garden this spring!!!

PS. Jaybird, I find it hard to believe that you need anything. I saw the pictures of your hop garden this spring!!!

LMAO ya I hear ya... I really dont need for much that I can't put together somehow. Except maybe that 24 gallon conical?
You could get me that:D LOL

Yeah I was just telling my roommate that I wanted a conical, then I showed him the page in the NB catalog lol..

Sorry Jaybird. But I cant afford a castor wheel for the conical.

arneba, post it up, I didnt need the stuff I got rid of, it has no value to me, but it might valueable to somebody else.

I don't have much, but I do have about 8 oz of malto-dextrin and/or the book Extreme Brewing by the fellows at Dogfish Head Brewing. Gotta love the giving season.

Almost forgot that I have a free shipping coupon from AHS. Lemme know if ya want it.

I would like to have one if no one claims them. I just do not want to hog stuff, I am already getting a bottle washer. Just let me know which one.

Since aryiman already claimed something, I'd like to claim AHS shipping coupon.

This is a propane tank line. I got it for my tank and burner, but was able to salvage my old line, so don't need this one.

gas.jpg

pedal, thats a nice thing to bring to the plate! glad it swooped up quickly!

I still have bottles & a bucket for anybody who can stop by my abode in 24354 to pick up. I know theres HBT members in Abingdon, Blacksburg & Big Stone Gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back