Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread - Page 1026 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #10251
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyDaze View Post
Patroits are gay cheaters with tainted super bowls and they are irrelevant now...
You are a clever one, aren't you? My God, I think Moto's only the third-dumbest person in this thread now. Never thought I would see that day come.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #10252
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2363 Times on 1646 Posts

facts

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #10253
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts

Quote:
Yeah I have the redzone...I see most plays.

um, RedZone only shows scoring plays, which are hardly the bulk of plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
If Lynch is such a great, hard-running RB... but his actual production, his actual yards per attempt, is so mediocre... doesn't that mean that his offensive line sucks?
Either that or that he's just not as good as Seattle fans think. I mean, these are the guys hailing Wilson as the second coming and that WR (who's name we've all forgotten) as a first team all pro. Really, I think Hoppy made it clear quite, stats and record mean nothing to that fan base, as long as they can make noise at the game (and on the internet).

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #10254
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

Quote:
facts
... are your friend. Get some, or GTFO.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #10255
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 540 Times on 432 Posts

Trying to find Yards After Contact stats for this year. This is all I've found so far... according to ESPN:

Quote:
So far this season, Marshawn Lynch has the most yards after contact with 199. That accounts for 47.0 percent of his 423 rushing yards.
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...nd-we-answered

That was from a couple weeks ago though.

They don't link to where they have the stats or to what anyone else has.

People have been stacking up against Lynch this season because the passing game has been nearly non-existent until just recently. In the Pats game they did everything they could to stop Lynch and just let Seattle prove they could beat them in the air. They did... and Seattle did.

I think that as the passing game develops, it should open things up for Lynch again.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #10256
h22lude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
lincoln, ri
Liked 177 Times on 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyDaze

Never said they aren't important or that they don't convey truths about a team. Just that you don't need them to know what running hard means. LOL

Moving on now. Patroits are gay cheaters with tainted super bowls and they are irrelevant now...
Wow and I thought this thread was going to actually get better. Love how you are so mad.

With that said I'm out of here. This has to be the worst football thread I have ever seen.
Bottled: S'mores Stout, Blonde Ale

NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #10257
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Trying to find Yards After Contact stats for this year. This is all I've found so far... according to ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...nd-we-answered

That was from a couple weeks ago though.

They don't link to where they have the stats or to what anyone else has.

People have been stacking up against Lynch this season because the passing game has been nearly non-existent until just recently. In the Pats game they did everything they could to stop Lynch and just let Seattle prove they could beat them in the air. They did... and Seattle did.

I think that as the passing game develops, it should open things up for Lynch again.
Best I could find was a site with a "success rate percentage" stat, but they didn't specifically define what made a play successful (I would assume that it would be pickup up at least 4 yards on first down, or converting a third-and-short, things like that). Based on that measure (which seems to be a good measure, if they're defining it appropriately), Lynch was #12 in the league, behind guys like Rice, Gore, Ryan Matthews, Semen Spiller, both NE running backs, and a few others.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=RB

As to Wilson's getting better... you hate to harp on the shortness, but the only other QB I can think of with Wilson's size who had success is Doug Flutie. That's obviously the best-case scenario for Wilson, but Flutie was certainly the exception to the rule. He's doing reasonably well so far, but even in the best-case you can't expect significant improvement in the pass game (which overall, remains below-average - as per the goddamn stats!) this year.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #10258
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Wilsonville, OR
Liked 2363 Times on 1646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
As to Wilson's getting better... you hate to harp on the shortness, but the only other QB I can think of with Wilson's size who had success is Doug Flutie. That's obviously the best-case scenario for Wilson, but Flutie was certainly the exception to the rule. He's doing reasonably well so far, but even in the best-case you can't expect significant improvement in the pass game (which overall, remains below-average - as per the goddamn stats!) this year.
Seattle is getting haters from NE. They must be something right...

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #10259
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Liked 1084 Times on 788 Posts

Quote:

NdEB out.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #10260
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA

Quote:
Where's the hate? It's a statement of fact; there are very, very, very few successful 5'10" QBs in NFL history. It's no different than saying "Charles Barkley is one of the only 6'5" players in the NBA who was a dominant rebounder."

These... facts. These... statements that are backed by evidence. Do they frighten you? Did some fact-wielding scientist molest you when you were a child or something?