GE 5.0 cu ft Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMash

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a long time reader, first time poster. Having not posted anything before I was eager to share with and thank the HomeBrewTalk community for all of the insights that led to my first keezer build! I've been homebrewing for almost a year now, and I'm certainly hooked. After the first few batches of bottling beer I quickly threw together a one keg / mini fridge system. Although I don't have tons of time to brew, I quickly found that one keg just wouldn't be sufficient so I have upgraded to a two keg system.
So here it is!...
It's a 5.0 cu ft GE freezer with a red oak outer collar.
A huge thanks to anyone and everyone who has shared their photos, project ideas, and insights, allowing me to build the perfect keezer for me.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Yep, that is nice and clean. I used to never be interested in these keezer builds, but now I am. I may buy one for fermenting in the garage and another for serving in the basement.

Nice job on the keezer and I also like the insulation between the collar boards.

From the pictures it looks like you didn't need a collar for the kegs to fit unless you plan to put one on the compressor hump.

Back