Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 12-packs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this ad for SN beer camp variety 12 packs on the back of the current Zymurgy. Anyone try these yet? I keep looking in local stores, but the newest SN release I can find is 2011 Bigfoot. Really curious about these.

They consist of four beers a California common?%, weizenbock 6.8%,Double ipa 8.5% and black juniper 8.0%.

Yeah, that's what the ad says. I was wondering if anyone had TRIED them, or at least seen em, I cant find it anywhere, even at stores who stock all SN products and have good selection

Yea Ive had all of them. They're all good.

Same, i could care less for the black juniper, but the double IPA is REALLY good IMO. The common and wiezenbock are good, but not great. If you can, get ahold of the beer camp russian imperial stout, one of the best i've had.

Yes I've had them all at the brewery, and the only one I really liked was the double ipa. The coomon was 2nd and the other two I could care less of.

I liked the Black Juniper quite a bit, and loved the Cal Common. The DIPA... I'm just not a fan of either Columbus or Centennial hops. I can appreciate that it was a well-crafted beer, but I can't really get around the stank. Stone Ruination is similar that way for me.

I was looking for this in North West PA / South West NY but didn't find any.

Picked up a 12 pack today and just started workin on it. The DIPA,not fully chilled, is ok. I think when it gets below 40 itll be real nice. Aroma is fantastic. Weizenbock up next.

They each have a different camp #. Im wondering if there are many more styles then the 4 in this box. The DIPA is # 29, so hopefully theres a bunch more to look forward to. SN is one of my favorite breweries

Picked up a 12 pack today and just started workin on it. The DIPA,not fully chilled, is ok. I think when it gets below 40 itll be real nice. Aroma is fantastic. Weizenbock up next.

They each have a different camp #. Im wondering if there are many more styles then the 4 in this box. The DIPA is # 29, so hopefully theres a bunch more to look forward to. SN is one of my favorite breweries

Beer Camp #50 was this week. A couple of my friends were there. I don't think all of the BC beers are marketable, but I know they'll release more.

carnevoodoo said:
Beer Camp #50 was this week. A couple of my friends were there. I don't think all of the BC beers are marketable, but I know they'll release more.

I thought that was the type of thing this series was. Do they actually do a brew session with non pros? Learning type of thing? Thats a great idea. I think you have to win a spot in the beer camp. Great beers and great idea.

Picked these up tonight from my buddies liquor store.

b1309d70.jpg

Just found this in my local Southern NJ store.

They're all great - I'm not a Weizenbock fan but I appreciate this one. The Black Juniper is like some versions of a black IPA, with maybe some extra black roast. The Common is very good, and the DIPA is a unique rendition of the style. Well worth picking up if you see it.

Oh, and these guys are strong too, so enjoy in moderation.

Drinking the Weizenbock now, it is OK. I am glad I bought singles as I don't want another one after this one.

Picked up a 12-pack yesterday for about $20. So far had the Juniper Black and the Double IPA. The IPA (8.5%) is fantastic. Great aromas and just the right amount of bitter for me. I wish they would make a 12-pack of just those.

I new my guess of 20$ was about right! I think i would rather get these than paying 15 for their belgian dubble(it better be good,ha) Im shure it is but man!
I checked out rate beer looks like there is at least 12 beer camp beers, weather some are older ones(as listed on the beercamp website)or new ones that are just not availble everywhere or are just unreleased yet. Im hoping to get some in a pick n mix other than buying that, Ovila .Doubt it its suppose to be a one time thing so who knows how limited it will be.I think they are just going to keep putting out new(not beer camp-only) ones every year.

jonmohno said:
I new my guess of 20$ was about right! I think i would rather get these than paying 15 for their belgian dubble(it better be good,ha) Im shure it is but man!
I checked out rate beer looks like there is at least 12 beer camp beers, weather some are older ones(as listed on the beercamp website)or new ones that are just not availble everywhere or are just unreleased yet. Im hoping to get some in a pick n mix then buying that. oliva .Doubt it its suppose to be a one time thing so who knows how limited it will be.I think they are just going to keep putting out new(not beer camp-only) ones every year.

Oliva is $15? I paid $8.99 for mine.... Bought 4

I was at a local store and spotted one case sitting in a corner with other bulk boxes. I've been looking for it all over and no one knows what I was talking about. I took it up to the register and it didn't scan. The lady then called the owner and asked him about it. He was completely shocked. He was shocked that I was looking for it, let alone knew about it. He said it was $20 and he didn't think anyone would pay that price so he bought one for himself. Turns out, its in my fridge now. Haven't had a chance to try them yet though.

Yeah, I ended up finding a best of beer camp 12er at my local liquor store. $19, kinda pricey for SN, but I'd been dying to try the california common and the DIPA. neither disappointed. The juniper black ale was great too. As for the wiezenbock, I'm not a fan of the style to begin with, it was well crafted beer, but not my thing. I hope they release more of the beer camp brews.

Yeah, I ended up finding a best of beer camp 12er at my local liquor store. $19, kinda pricey for SN, but I'd been dying to try the california common and the DIPA. neither disappointed. The juniper black ale was great too. As for the wiezenbock, I'm not a fan of the style to begin with, it was well crafted beer, but not my thing. I hope they release more of the beer camp brews.

Man, 19 is pricey for craft beer? What do you normally pay for a 12 pack of good beer? I paid 24 for it. Thought it was a good price considering the abv of the beers and one was a DIPA. Plus, i love SN bottles. They cap super easy, and fit in my beer fridge easier than longnecks

Man, 24? Wow, craft 6 packs range from $7-16 and 12ers from $10-20. Depends on the brewery, but $19-20 bucks is the most ya see 12 packs for in the cities. I paid prices like that when I lived in Dallas. Made moving back here even sweeter!

Drank the Common and the DIPA last night, worth the $21 I spent :)

Actually had the guy that owns the liquor store call me last night and ask if I wanted more, he'd put in for a couple cases for me if I wanted.

The DIPA... I'm just not a fan of either Columbus or Centennial hops. I can appreciate that it was a well-crafted beer, but I can't really get around the stank.
I guess I know now that I'm not a fan of those hops either, felt like I was blowing a lawnmower when drinking the DIPA.

Plus, i love SN bottles. They cap super easy, and fit in my beer fridge easier than longnecks
yeah, SN and sam smiths are the 2 brands I buy when I need more bottles. I told the wifey I was out of empty bottles and she came back with the beer camp 12pack to my surprise.

they sell most of them in the pub for a short time. I love going home and seeing what they have on the taps, it always changes :mug:

Do you have Total Wine stores up there? That's where I found mine along with my local groceries in the Austin area.

Here it is 2016 and they are $29.95

And all have been completely underwhelming. I recall last year being full of really good stuff. There is a summer table beer in the mix that is just too sweet. Their "imperial session ipa" isn't great either. For $30, I was hoping for better.

Do you have Total Wine stores up there? That's where I found mine along with my local groceries in the Austin area.

Negative Ghostrider! Our big three stores are Albertsons, Fred Meyer, and Safeway. I may have to check a few of the specialty beer stores or some of the mom and pop places.

Negative Ghostrider! Our big three stores are Albertsons, Fred Meyer, and Safeway. I may have to check a few of the specialty beer stores or some of the mom and pop places.

Wife got it at our local safeway. Might need to ask the person in charge of the beer, wine and liquor.

And all have been completely underwhelming. I recall last year being full of really good stuff. There is a summer table beer in the mix that is just too sweet. Their "imperial session ipa" isn't great either. For $30, I was hoping for better.

WTF is an imperial session IPA? :confused:

Back