Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale 2022

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nagorg

If a frog had wings...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on when this year's release should be distributed?

Checking the Sierra Nevada site suggests "October - December" as the distribution window. I'd sware that its typically in stores by now but I've yet to see it. The Beer Finder on their site also shows none anywhere other than near the brewery and the Chico Taproom menu shows its pouring already...

Maybe its in the works and will show up sometime in the next few weeks. But it seems delayed this year so I'm just wondering if anyone "knows something". :p

They announced on Facebook last week that it was released and its on tap in the Mills River taproom. Tried to get my brother to fly down there this past weekend for it :D

I probably just need to be more patient... Just always look forward to this one. Plus, my SNCA clone will be ready soon so I'll need a comparison! :mug:

Even though it seems Celebration has morphed a little over the years (while SN says its still the same recipe), its still prob my favorite from them every year as well. The packaging has GREATLY morphed over the years lol.

The packaging has GREATLY morphed over the years lol.

No kidding... I'm not that fond of the cans personally. Last year was the first time I've ever seen it canned. And I didnt think last years release was up to par compared to prior years.

Not sure if it was the can packaging or what but IMO its been better years past. I do wonder if its a lack of bottle conditioning? Regardless, I still look forward to it even if it comes in a can.

I've seen people say it's out in distribution. Probably depends upon how quickly stores in your area can make space for a holiday beer while there's still oktoberfest and pumpkin beer on the shelf.

It's available regionally in Ingles now (WNC area), also on tap at the Mills River taproom with the Northern Hemisphere and Rutheless (Ruthless wasn't as great as I remembered but still good).
I'd love to perfect a homebrew clone of Celebration, it is my favorite release of the year.

No kidding... I'm not that fond of the cans personally. Last year was the first time I've ever seen it canned. And I didnt think last years release was up to par compared to prior years.

Not sure if it was the can packaging or what but IMO its been better years past. I do wonder if its a lack of bottle conditioning? Regardless, I still look forward to it even if it comes in a can.
I totally agree with last years being a bit off for me as well. I remember thinking it was a bit more sweet malty than Id remembered in previous years. Almost like there was more crystal malts or something idk.

The marketing (on bottles) used to be "Celebration" with "ale" underneath the celebration ribbon. It was marketed in my mind as simply a christmas ale that was hoppy. The "ale" then changed to "fresh hop ale" which changed to "fresh hop IPA" on the bottles, but the now cans emphasize "IPA" in big bold letters now. Obviously they are appealing to a moving audience with the relatively same beer over the past ~13-15 years?

I never thought of the bottle conditioning aspect you mention. Who knows. With all that being said, I too enjoy getting these in the fall/winter months. Still one of the better solid beers within a large commericalized market

YES!

1667001409630.png

Back