Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about making it a west PA held event? This way us illinois guys can hoof it out there!

Google maps says you're 8 hrs from Pittsburgh. If you're going that far you may as well drive the additional 4 hrs to Philly. :D

Google maps says you're 8 hrs from Pittsburgh. If you're going that far you may as well drive the additional 4 hrs to Philly. :D

Probably has the same problem as me, you can only be gone for so long when you tell the wife you are going out for a gallon of milk.

I have a few I'm going waiting to share and not nearly enough friends who enjoy such lavish brews.
Ditto, and the ones that are into craft beer don't have much more than absolute shelf turds, if that. Trying to get into some good bottle share groups through the owner of the bottle shop by me, they are always popping whalez.

I'm in. Going to pop some this weekend. Going to stare into the cellar like I do in the fridge. See nothing i want and close the door. Rise and repeat lol
That is literally me with each of my fridges every time I need a new beer...

How about making it a west PA held event? This way us illinois guys can hoof it out there!
Like, how about Chicago, I mean, it's the middle of the country, good airports, lots of direct flights...

I say we just hold our own, beat them at their own game :rockin:

LOL I hear that Hamm. I have a good buddy that was sitting on an Arrogant Bastard that was his pride and joy.

My one buddy is finishing his basement and he's making a beer cellar room. I was talking with him last night and he said he was going to get a whole bunch of Chimay to stock the room... I'm like, I can go get that within literally 5 minutes, why would you stock the cellar with that?:rolleyes:

*Please nothing with chili's/peppers or anything smokey*

New degarde releases

Peche and Brett

Any side project

Fou

Atrial b4

ba sump

HF sours, Double ba Damon

Any of the bullfrog set

Vsb

V013, Cable Car, DDG

New Russian River Sonoma set, any 3L (ha ha ha)

Bcbs Rare, BCBS Vanilla, 07 or earlier bcbs

SITR peaches, Gray Monday

Jackie o's token of our extreme

Any antead (vanilla is the pref)

Hommage

CBS

Upland Kiwi

Any Bourbon Ba Dark Lord

***obviously more than a few of these are whalesy so if you have one and can hit me with extras that would rock.

bump to new page ... didn't want our competing bottle share plans to completely derail the threat ;)

We should try to put together a joint brew day/ bottle share at some point. Seems like there are a few HBTers in the Philly area who might be interested.

I've got a few bottles I don't really want to open just for myself and I'd love to share w some of you guys.

I'm not really in the Philly area but I could probably talk my sister into hosting it at her house in West Chester.

I would do this. I have too many quality beers that I need help drinking, and I want to share them with good people who will appreciate it instead of some random jerks at a large anonymous bottle share.

Rough week with a lot of folks on vacation with the family. Not in any rush here so if anyone is worried about not shipping right away or anything Lmk.

I'll add more later or tomorrow then probably leave what's here for the weekend. Cheers!

I'm working a couple angles to acquire something grant worthy so I can finally get in on this action. lol

I would do this. I have too many quality beers that I need help drinking, and I want to share them with good people who will appreciate it instead of some random jerks at a large anonymous bottle share.

That would be A+. I could only imagine what you would bring as I have an inkling of what your cellar looks like lol

I was thinking to just leave after work friday night. Get to destination and be done. 8 hours is doable. 12...potentially.

Should of got that Philly one going earlier. I am flying up there tomorrow. These are some of my travel companions, it should be a decent holiday weekend:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404402904.654337.jpg

Philly area might be feasible for me too!

I was thinking to just leave after work friday night. Get to destination and be done. 8 hours is doable. 12...potentially.

This group could get very big, very fast...

Should of got that Philly one going earlier. I am flying up there tomorrow. These are some of my travel companions, it should be a decent holiday weekend:
View attachment 208992

Or just hold on to those and bring them up w you in the fall when we do this. :tank:

What if we did it Harrisburg and took over the Troegs taproom for a day?

Probably be the best beer that would ever be poured in that taproom... Oops

Could do it at my house right by Pizza Boy, though. Or Philly this weekend sounds like a good time to meet up with Skeezer.

Do you have a Wine-Check?

No. I have 2 ways of doing it. Using a 12-bottle shipper and wrapping tape around the box and folding the tape on the sides over to make "handles", then checking that as luggage. Or pack them up in a champagne style case box (like the Bruery) then wrap all the bottles with bubble wrap/newspaper/etc. I have thick cardboard cutouts that I put on the bottom of the suitcase and in the top, then pack clothes around the box. I travel with beer almost every week, at least every other week, and have only had 2 casualties. One was an overcarbonated homebrew, the other was a BA pumkin beer that probably broke becuase I was lazy/hungover and didn't pack things up like I normally do. That one sucked though, all my clothes smelled like pumpkin beer the whole Darkness Day weekend.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404404981.035425.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404404991.523153.jpg

Your not coming to Philly for that God awful concert are you? lol
The thought of Nicki Minaj doing anything 'live' makes me fear for the future of all music everywhere.

Back