Logo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that is pretty cool. How do you get that on caps? Is it just a sticker?

Thanks!

Just stickers originally but then I discovered this thread and tried the technique described there. It's way too much work to do on every single batch but I like to give brews away for birthdays, christmas, etc. so I'll take the time to do these transfers for special occasions.

-Tripod

I need to learn how to make this into an oval shape.

Logo.bmp

a lot of these logos are awesome! with the right branding campaign behind some of 'em i could see some of them becoming as big as some of the bigger ones we all talk about on this forum!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like a brewery's success dependent on both the quality of the product and the advertising and marketing/branding campaign that they work on.

Here's my first label design: clicky

I still need to play with it a bit to figure out how to maintain as much quality as possible in a label-sized image.

NOTE: Image is PNSFW (Probably Not Safe For Work/Wife)

:)

Here is what I've been using...really simple, I know, but it looks GREAT on bottle caps.

View attachment 15461

BTW, a sun dog is not a trendy golden retriever that wears sunglasses and a bandana...it's a celestial phenomenon that looks something like this:

View attachment 15462
View attachment 15463

It happens when ice crystals in the atmosphere break the sunlight into a rainbow/halo...

-Tripod

Big fan of this one! It must look great on bottles - are you thinking of going with different color schemes for different brews?

I know that I am not the most computer savvy guy on the planet and I also know that because I am not yet a paid member I can't add a photo directly. But how in the hell do I attach a link from Flickr or Photobucket, etc????? I finally finished my logo and it rocks and I want to share it!!!

I know that I am not the most computer savvy guy on the planet and I also know that because I am not yet a paid member I can't add a photo directly. But how in the hell do I attach a link from Flickr or Photobucket, etc????? I finally finished my logo and it rocks and I want to share it!!!

You can do a couple things. Up top you should see the www.flicr/whatever .com just high light and right click, copy.. then when here right click paste. OR right click on the image, select properties,highlight address (url), right click copy, then when here right click paste.

w/ photobucket it will give you a few links you can choose. select the one with
 img]

Ok, let's try this...My brewery is called Wild Ginger Brewing. It's the street I live on but I thought it sounded cool too. I came up with an idea for this logo after xjncoguyx made one that I really liked. I took the ideas that I had and gave them to my brother, a graphic designer, and told him to go for it. He made a label for all of "my" brews. They are all basically the same except with a different color for each different brew. Would love to hear some feedback on this!

And Coy, thanks for helping a computer idiot! ha

:tank:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4615763869_788342a384_m.jpg

Ok, let's try this...My brewery is called Wild Ginger Brewing. It's the street I live on but I thought it sounded cool too. I came up with an idea for this logo after xjncoguyx made one that I really liked. I took the ideas that I had and gave them to my brother, a graphic designer, and told him to go for it. He made a label for all of "my" brews. They are all basically the same except with a different color for each different brew. Would love to hear some feedback on this!

And Coy, thanks for helping a computer idiot! ha

:tank:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4615763869_788342a384_m.jpg

Don't mind helping out.. :D
I like the label.
4615763869_788342a384_m.jpg

Man, you guys have some really nice logos.

I need to get working on a logo for Broken Lung Brewery,

I keep going back and forth between about...10 different ideas.

I've been goofing with this all afternoon...

Going for a Clerks theme - hope I don't get Kevin Smith or Miramx on my tail...

label1.png

Hah, my love for that is like a truck!

ptakers, where in Burke are you? I used to live in Springfield, and played soccer out at Rolling Valley (followed by pints at Glory Days!)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

@ubermick - I live off of Burke Lake Road near the intersection off Burke Center Parkway. Glory Days is a frequent stop, my friend!

"My love for you is like a train. Berserker! Would you like to mash some grain? Berserker!"
"My love for you is like a beast. Berserker! Do you want to pitch some yeast? Berserker!"

Big fan of this one! It must look great on bottles - are you thinking of going with different color schemes for different brews?

Thanks Throwbook!

I'm not fully decided on the actual labels but I've been toying with the idea of having a background that would use different color schemes for different brew styles and then using the logo as-is in the design somehow. Since it looks so good on the caps I think I can keep it simple and small but then use it on a more creative label that reflects the style...sort of like "stamping" the logo onto every different design.

-Tripod

Updated the logo to make the center icon bigger and I got rid of the tertiary color (yellow).

label3.png

Here is my base label...

PlainLabel.jpg

I designed it so that with a few quick changes, I can adapt it to whatever beer I'm making. These are just examples I made up...

EPAexample.jpg

yesteryear.jpg

I also have a version with a horizontal oval rather than the verticle one. I'm not sure which I like better...

Horizoval.jpg

Thanks.

I use an old version of Photoshop (5.5) so between that and my skill level, I'm pretty limited with what I can do.

I just slip the layer with whatever I would like for my background under all the other layers (picture, words, etc...). It really is just a matter of adding something here and adding a little something there. The ovals are 3 layers each for the vertical and for the horizontal. I just show whichever layers I want. "Save a copy" as a .jpeg and the rest is history.

ptakers, what program are you using?

tumblr_l2sb3iMgto1qbsucao1_500.jpg

I just made this i need suggestions on making this awesomer

questions: what is the convention about having the columns on the sides of labels that im seeing? with the information on both sides, what are the dimensions of a standard beer bottle label? you guys that put the surgeon generals warning on your bottles are you guys legit commericial brewers or being ironic? what else goes on a label

Thanks.

I use an old version of Photoshop (5.5) so between that and my skill level, I'm pretty limited with what I can do.

I just slip the layer with whatever I would like for my background under all the other layers (picture, words, etc...). It really is just a matter of adding something here and adding a little something there. The ovals are 3 layers each for the vertical and for the horizontal. I just show whichever layers I want. "Save a copy" as a .jpeg and the rest is history.

ptakers, what program are you using?
I used Paint.NET and saw that it supports layers, but had no idea what function that served. I'll go back and see what I can do with it....

Definately play around with layers. You spend quite a bit of time just erasing the stuff around what you want to be in a layer, like a single person from a photograph and things like that, but it opens a whole new world to you.

I usually open a picture I want something from, then draw a box around it with the 'marquee tool' (dashed line box), click 'copy'. Then I go to the image I want it placed onto and just 'paste'. PS automatically makes it a new layer. From there I'll erase the bits and pieces around the object I want to get rid of, rescale, tweak colors, etc... To move a layer 'above' or 'below' another one, at the point on the screen where it shows all the layers for the project, you just drag them in the order you want them. There is SOO much you can do, but that is a good basic to get you going hopefully, if paint.net is anything like PS.

I'm not framiliar with paint.net, but I may download it and see how well I like it. The version of PS I'm using is probably a good 10 years old and doesn't do some things very well, like curving text. Yes, there is a way to do it, but its a major pain.

Edit: Just downloaded and played with paint for a minute. Its not too shabby. I'm still very used to PS, but I like some of the stuff that Paint does. I think you could do alot with it.

Was bored at work and you all gave me motivation to come up with something.. I searched for the name and I couldn't find anyone with the name.. so correct me if I'm wrong so I can change it:

Logo.png

and a label for the bottles.. i have one on a bottle.. will post a pic tomorrow

FinishedLabel.png

sorry, i borrowed some ideas from what i've seen on here. If you dont want me to use one of your ideas, just let me know and I'll change it! :D

something I threw together while I'm sitting here bored at work... this site just makes want to go home and crack open a brew every second I'm here:tank:

Slick%20Ninja%202%20logo.jpg

Our logo has been finalized. This is going to be our main version of the logo. We will also be using a version without the lettering and the flame more pronounced for some branding.

9.jpg

Back