Logo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I think you could pull of a predator theme without making it cheesy. more of a tribute thing than an outright parody. That would at least make people take it a little more seriously.. unless that doesn't matter to you, which it may not, but just sayin.

I love the idea of mashing two dissimilar movie titles into a name for a brew! It could get really funny or ironic which would be cool.

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but if you want to make the labels look as "authentic" as possible, here is a link to the TTB guidlines for US malt beverage labels:
http://www.ttb.gov/pdf/brochures/p51903.pdf

Of course, the layout on the second page does not have to be followed, only that the information is included. It would be a blast to mess around with some of it, like the government warning....

This label is nothing but cheesy and I have it that way on purpose. This is just a joke for me and my friends. I'm not sure if you read the warning label but that clearly gives it away that it's just for fun.......that's what pretty much the only reason why I started brewing my own brew, and I like beer!

. . . . like on a "SWMBO-Friendly" sweet fruity brew: GOVERNMENT WARNING: CONSUMPTION OF THREE OR MORE OF THIS BEVERAGE BY SWMBO MAY IMPAIR THE ABILITY TO DRIVE A CAR OR OPERATE MACHINERY, AND MAY CAUSE LOSS OF PANTIES"

just for example!

And I think you could pull of a predator theme without making it cheesy. more of a tribute thing than an outright parody. That would at least make people take it a little more seriously.. unless that doesn't matter to you, which it may not, but just sayin.

It's got to be a cheesy label for a cheesy movie!:D

I really like this; great design. It's bright, symetrical, visually appealing, and simple. Great job. The only thing I would suggest trying is either center the text and have the point of the "w" intrude on the color, or rasterize the text and shrink that point of the "w" down. It's a little off balance with the text not being in the center of the "channels". It still works...just a thought.

Your right. I like simple and bright and when I first came up with the cap sticker idea I just ran with it. I will refine & balance it & maybee save some headache and have someone print me a roll of 1000 or so.

Here's mine. Many thanks to Burro 2882 for all the hard work!

Eye4NFinal-1.jpg

Love the old video games so thus this was born

edit again: Having problems with the new flickr, should be fixed

Those links don't go directly to pictures, they go to a page asking me to login to flickr.

Here is a logo I've been working on for a while. It needs a little cleanup, but it's getting there. I have the same look to each label, but the background color and beer name font changes with each beer.

Master Label Logo_Body.jpg

I actually made some changes this week. Since everyone knows "the hockey house" as the guys with the neon maple leaf in the window I came up with a themed brewery logo and then changed my pumpkin ale logo too.

HHBFinal.jpg

Finalsmall.jpg

This is the first revision of the logo I designed for my brewery.
Making it a decent sized GIF made the antialising a bit rough, but you get the idea.

TraditionsLogo.jpg

Been working on this for a few day's using Paint.Net and Inkscape. The inspiration behind it comes from the fact I recently sold my 66 Barracuda. Due to work "slow economy" and family "New Baby!" I had to sell the car. I did manage to keep some of the proceed's and that is what funded my new Home Brewing hobby. So as to pay homage to the old Cuda I designed this label. The Cuda was Blue with a white rally stripe hence the color scheme. Anyway let me know what you think.

/cheers

Barracuda%20Brewery.png

Below the Barracuda in the open blue is where I will add the beer type's

Had a buddy of mine who's a graphic arts designer make this for me... :)
Where is says "Black Cat" in the Brewing Co. Ribbon will ultimately be the type of brew.

blackcatbrews.jpg

Here's one my friend made for me, he does graphic arts on the side and made this in exchange for a keg of beer:
big%20jerk%20logo%203%20small.jpg

Well so much for Grumpy Bear. Got sick of the name, since the only person who associates me with it is my wife (don't ask), so instead had a think and came up with Match Fit Brewing...

matchfit.gif

Well so much for Grumpy Bear. Got sick of the name, since the only person who associates me with it is my wife (don't ask), so instead had a think and came up with Match Fit Brewing...

matchfit.gif

Snazzy. I assume you're a designer? I'd keep the Grumpy Bear logo for one of your brews at least, it's nice too.

Back