Logo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First draft of what i'm thinking of. Ill work on a color version a bit later. but i am really liking the simple Black and White.

LaPlaya_logo_copy.jpg

I like it, but it looks like you're missing the "L" in Playa.

Thanks for the critique Tripod!
I'll have a look at those letters again, probably the black border around the white would look pretty good. I found it hard to make the writing stand out from that picture in any colour or font.

No worries, mate. I bet if you do the border trick you'll get better results than with any single solid color...

I like where this is going. The base of the tree looks kind of weird to me, like out of place, abnoraml. I've never seen a palm tree in real life though... The water looks weird also. It just stops and looks like there should be something else further, maybe a horizon line, sun, clouds? It reminds me of a Corona commercial :)

I played around with a line for the horizon, but i like it a little more stylized and not too realistic. I am going to play around a little more with it. Thanks for all the input guys!

a yellow sun in the middle where the top of the water is would maybe work. just a thought. i like it, but seems something could improve it.

I've struggled to come up with the perfect logo, and have kind of given up on it. My current version can be seen at the header of my webpage (link in signature). I'll post it here later.

i love the Film Noir feel to your logo. And gratz on your first year!

I finally have a finished logo. SWMBO approve! now to start working on the labels.

heres mine...

I use photoshop myself, but I also used the scion logo maker to get a base going... then I put my dog in it... I used the beer background to give an idea of how it looks like on my beer

showoffpic.jpg

Been waiting to post here. I'm pretty sure this is my final product:

StreamlineBrewing5_2.png

The stars are a little dim though I might make them bigger.

I like it, but it is kind of confusting, you have a Mountain in the middle and water on the outsides....kind of conflicting. What is the name box for?

I LOVE the colors though.

WawbrauLogoColor.jpg

Nothing special, but it gets a laugh out of everyone. Kind of an inside joke, but "Waw" is my nickname and that's me in a ninja mask and a suit.

I like it, but it is kind of confusting, you have a Mountain in the middle and water on the outsides....kind of conflicting.

I agree with this statement. You should probably pick one of the two themes and roll with it. As a former swimmer I like the streamline/water theme. Maybe do something with boats (considering their bows cut through the water like a swimmer in a streamline position)?

I agree with this statement. You should probably pick one of the two themes and roll with it. As a former swimmer I like the streamline/water theme. Maybe do something with boats (considering their bows cut through the water like a swimmer in a streamline position)?

I would suggest going with some swimming image/theme. Boats are for those who can't swim.

I would suggest going with some swimming image/theme. Boats are for those who can't swim.

Haha yea. It's just a generic label for all my beers so that's what the name section is for. The more I show people the label the more they all say the same thing about the streamline and the mountains. I'm thinking about reworking that mountain image a little.

Here is the original logo, that I drew by hand :
3dogBrewery.gif

And here is the revised Logo done by someone who knows what they are doing. Yes, I paid to have someone re-imagine it for me. Time will tell if I'm brilliant or a moron.
3dog%20BreweryLogo_tagline_300TM.gif

Oh, and yes The Three Dog Brewery Logo has 4 dogs in it, you are not seeing things. Go to the about page on my website for the full story behind that.

Here is the original logo, that I drew by hand :
3dogBrewery.gif

And here is the revised Logo done by someone who knows what they are doing. Yes, I paid to have someone re-imagine it for me. Time will tell if I'm brilliant or a moron.
3dog%20BreweryLogo_tagline_300TM.gif

Oh, and yes The Three Dog Brewery Logo has 4 dogs in it, you are not seing things. Go to the about page on my website for the full story behind that.

Looks fantastic!

Back