Movie quotes: keep it going

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g0dolphins

Reaction score
Ok, I have had a few home brews tonight, and am feeling *happy*. I just loaded into my VCR one of my all-time favorite movies: Shawshank Redemption and cheered when Red said: "I'd like to think that the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was to wonder how the hell Andy Dufresne ever got the best of him."

So I got to thinking; what quotes do the homebrewtalk readers like?

beer4breakfast said:
"Mothers of River City, heed that warning before it's too late! Watch for the telltale signs of corruption! The minute your son leaves the house, does he rebuckle his knickerbockers below the knee? Is there a nicotine stain on his index finger? A dime-novel hidden in the corncrib? Is he starting to memorize jokes from Captain Billy's Whiz-Bang? Are certain words creeping into his conversation? Words like "swell" and "so's your old man"? If so my friends, ya got trouble!" Harold Hill, The Music Man

"When a woman's got a husband, and you've got none, why should she take advice from you? Even if you can quote Balzac and Shakespeare and all them other high-falutin' Greeks." Mrs. Paroo, The Music Man

sweet:rockin:

"Wendy...Darling. Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in." - Jack Nicholson in The Shining

more Jack...

Daryl Van Horne: I always like a little ***** after lunch. The witches of Eastwick

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but which the Lord intended a more Divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker , and glory to His bounty, by learning about...........BEER! Friar Tuck, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Ok it's not my favorite quote, but it is beer related.:)

Is this your homework, Larry?

Look, Larry. . . Have you ever heard of Vietnam? You're going to enter a world of pain, son. We know that this is your homework. We know you stole the car--
And the ****ing money!

This is pointless, Dude. All right, Plan B. You might want to watch out the front window there, Larry.

This is what happens when you F*CK a STRANGER in the *SS, Larry. Do you see? Do you see what happens when you F*CK a STRANGER in the *SS, Larry???

<proceeds to kill the car>

Team America: World Police

Gary Johnston: We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an *******. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** ********: ******** that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with ******** their way. But the only thing that can **** an ******* is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a ***** to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become ******** themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us **** this *******, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****!

There it is. There's my bad mother f*cker. - Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction

AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf*cker in the room, accept no substitutes. - Samuel L Jackson in Jackie Brown

And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you.
Edward Norton - Fight Club

I could fill 5 HBT pages with awesome quotes from that movie.

Pretty much every line from Scent of a Woman:

"You're in no position to disagree with me boy. I got a loaded .45 here, you got pimples."

Lt. Col. Frank Slade: "Are you blind? Are you blind?
Charlie Simms: Of course not.
Lt. Col. Frank Slade: Then why do you keep grabbing my godd%#n arm? I take your arm.
Charlie Simms: I'm sorry.
Lt. Col. Frank Slade: Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life."

Lt. Col. Frank Slade: "Haven't you heard? CONSCIENCE is dead.
Charlie Simms: No, I haven't heard.
Lt. Col. Frank Slade: Well, then, take the fu&@in' WAX outta your ears! GROW UP! It's f*%k your buddy. Cheat on your wife. Call your mother on Mother's Day. Charlie, it's all sh*%."

"Women! What can you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a f@#kin' genius..."

Perhaps they need a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches, and tried to burn it down. But I "corrected" them sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I "corrected" her. - Philip Stone (Delbert Grady) in The Shining

God, I'd give anything for a drink... even my goddamn soul, for a glass of beer. - Jack Nicholson in The Shining

From Tombstone:

Johnny Ringo: Isn't anyone here man enough to play for blood?
Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry.

Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.
[Billy Clanton draws a knife]
Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya.

Billy Madison

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A few from Mel Brooks:

Young Frankenstein: Wasn't that hump on the other side?
Igor: What hump?

Walk this way..........

Would you like to have a roll in ze hay? It's fun! Just roll, and roll, roll in ze hay.....

It's good to be da king!!!!

The jig is up! And gone!

Is it twoo you people are....gifted? IT'S TWOO! IT'S TWOO!!!

Animal House...

Dean Vernon Wormer: Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Do you mind if we dance with your dates?

...and of couse

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard]
Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

Reporter: Well, can't you tell us anything about the case?
Nick Charles: Yes, it's putting me way behind in my drinking.

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses" - Elwood Blues

"Hit it" - Jake Blues

"****"
"What?"
"Rollers"
"No"
"Yeah"
"****"
Jake & Elwood

"You want out of this parking lot?.............OK" - Elwood Blues

"Oww! You Fat Penguin!!" [I would have done the whole scene but don't have time... ;) ] - Elwood Blues

Just a couple of favorites....

Dan: Look, if you cut my head off it'll start to putrify!
Yellowbeard: Do what?
Dan: Putrify, go rotten!
Yellowbeard: Yeah, it would ooze a lot, heads do. But I could live with that.

Yellowbeard: She couldn't be your mother. No woman ever slept with me and lived.

Yellowbeard: Where's the map?
Betty: What map?
Yellowbeard: If you say you don't know where it is, I'll nail your t!ts to the table!

Ize

Anchor man

[to Baxter]
Ron Burgundy: What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing. How 'bout we get you in your p.j.'s and we hit the hay.

How could i forget this all time classic?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Office Space

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Bob Slydell: Great.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

I can't believe this has gone on this long and no one has quoted Monty Python yet.

King Arthur: What are you then?

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king.

Sir Galahad: What are you doing in England?

French Soldier: Mind your own business.

erbiumyag said:
I can't believe this has gone on this long and no one has quoted Monty Python yet.

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king.

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

No go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

erbiumyag said:

You just had to open the flood gates, didn't you?

BRIAN: Are you the Judean People's Front?
REG: F*ck off!
BRIAN: What?
REG: Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean People's Front. Cawk.
FRANCIS: Wankers.
BRIAN: Can I... join your group?
REG: No. Piss off.
BRIAN: I didn't want to sell this stuff. It's only a job. I hate the Romans as much as anybody.
PEOPLE'S FRONT OF JUDEA: Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhh. Shh. Shhhh.
REG: Schtum.
JUDITH: Are you sure?
BRIAN: Oh, dead sure. I hate the Romans already.
REG: Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have to really hate the Romans.
BRIAN: I do!
REG: Oh, yeah? How much?
BRIAN: A lot!
REG: Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans are the f*cking Judean People's Front.
P.F.J.: Yeah...
JUDITH: Splitters.
P.F.J.: Splitters...
FRANCIS: And the Judean Popular People's Front.
P.F.J.: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
LORETTA: And the People's Front of Judea.
P.F.J.: Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
REG: What?
LORETTA: The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.
REG: We're the People's Front of Judea!
LORETTA: Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.
REG: People's Front! C-huh.
FRANCIS: Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?
REG: He's over there.
P.F.J.: Splitter!

"What we have here is, failure to comminicate." - The Captain, Cool Hand Luke

"I can eat fifty eggs." - Lucas Jackson, Cool Hand Luke

"Every time a bell rings an angel get his wings" - ZuZu Bailey, It's A Wonderful Life

"We got some DEcent people coming over." - 'Ed' McDunnough, Raising Arizona

"H.I., you're young and you got your health. What you want with a job?" - Gale Snoats, Raising Arizona

And one of my favorites from 1980's Used Cars:

Rudy Russo: "You've seen how bad business is. We had nuns, protesting in front of the dealership this morning."
Jeff: "Nuns?"
Rudy; "Yeah. I had to get Jim to turn the fire hose on them."
Big Jim, the mechanic: "Yeah, and I knocked them motherf*ckers on they as*es, too."

Any other fans of bad B movies....

Plan 9 From Outer Space:

Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of grave robbers from outer space?

Back