Hello from nebraska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackshirtproud

Reaction score
Hello, I have been lurking for awhile now and figured I had better throw in a post.
Well I am 30 and have a wife, 2.5 kids and a black lab. I work as a R.V. tech and just got back from K.C. from a week long tech clinic and home has never looked so good. If you were wondering the .5 is a third child on the way due in March.
He will be the second boy as we have a seven yr old girl and a 4 yr old boy.
I got a Mr. Beer for x-mas and while it might not be the Rock star of this hobby
it had a bug that bit me. I currently have a west coast that I am playing with
and I am saving my pennies for a serious collection hopefully sooner than later.
I am a bit of a foodie so I really enjoy different styles and flavors of beer and creating them.

Be ready for a ton of questions from me. Cheers:mug:

blackshirtproud said:
Hello, I have been lurking for awhile now and figured I had better throw in a post.
Well I am 30 and have a wife, 2.5 kids and a black lab. I work as a R.V. tech and just got back from K.C. from a week long tech clinic and home has never looked so good. If you were wondering the .5 is a third child on the way due in March.
He will be the second boy as we have a seven yr old girl and a 4 yr old boy.
I got a Mr. Beer for x-mas and while it might not be the Rock star of this hobby
it had a bug that bit me. I currently have a west coast that I am playing with
and I am saving my pennies for a serious collection hopefully sooner than later.
I am a bit of a foodie so I really enjoy different styles and flavors of beer and creating them.

Be ready for a ton of questions from me. Cheers:mug:

Welcome....and never put down your roots. Mr. Beer brings many to this hobby. As does other routes. Learn what you can. The hobby is grand and wide.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:
I'll welcome you even though you are a Husker fan! ;)
Being from Colorado I just have to say that!

Seriously, congratulations on the soon to be addition to your family.
I think you will like this place but be careful. You have stumbled upon a very addictive hobby! Keep posting and let us know what you are brewing!

Yeah, ignore Rich, he's from Colorado, whaddaya expect? ;)

From Lincoln NE, welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it! Oh, and GO BIG RED.

Greetings from Lexington. I've been a brewer for a year and a half and love the hobby. Warning: this hobby will turn you into a "beer snob"! When I go out to have a drink with friends, they have there factory brews while I have to have my micro brews! Congrats on the upcoming addition to the family and lets hope Bo brings back the tradition to the Nebraska football program.

jackmaxcy said:
Warning: this hobby will turn you into a "beer snob"! When I go out to have a drink with friends, they have there factory brews while I have to have my micro brews!
Can I ask where you stand in regard to red beer? When I worked in Lincoln I was amazed how many people were drinking it.

Ew, not for me. Oddly, though, Anheuser is now marketing 16oz cans of Bud+Clamato and Bud Light+Clamato. They're calling them Cheladas.

They fly off the shelf here in Lincoln. Not to my fridge though. I reiterate - Ewwwww.

Leinie's Sunset Wheat, however, with a slice of orange in it, I will gladly drink. Many have bashed LSW for being a little too girly and sickly-sweet and fruity, but I think it's a damn nice crisp, wheat-y beer to drink in the summer time.

jackmaxcy said:
Greetings from Lexington. I've been a brewer for a year and a half and love the hobby. Warning: this hobby will turn you into a "beer snob"! When I go out to have a drink with friends, they have there factory brews while I have to have my micro brews! Congrats on the upcoming addition to the family and lets hope Bo brings back the tradition to the Nebraska football program.

I have been a "snob" for a long time with the micro's, My friends always give me crap about it. Oh well the can go right ahead and drink their Busch swill, quality over quantity for me.

Latest posts

Back