Returning to the hobby - Cornwall, UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudgiad

Reaction score
Hello from St Austell, Cornwall in the UK!

I spent a bit over a decade in Texas, in the suburbs of Dallas, where I first got into homebrewing for a few years. My account here was first opened to sell off some stuff at the end of that. Have now moved back to where I grew up, over in the UK. Since I now live right next to a brewery, and am looking for hobbies that don't involve being entirely sat at the computer, it seemed like I should try brewing again.

Starting to get back into it with some 10L / 2.5 gallon ish BIAB. Cheers!

Will the brewery next door giveaway spare harvested yeast to locals? That should propel your home brewing to next level straight away. Unless you want to brew beer for others too, small batches around 10L are the way to go and explore the hobby.

Will the brewery next door giveaway spare harvested yeast to locals? That should propel your home brewing to next level straight away.
I doubt that very much. They are a pretty large concern, with a popular vistors center and tour etc. If they gave out yeast to anyone, they'd have loads of people asking! Looks like people have had success harvesting from their bottled beers - Saint Austell Yeast

Welcome back!

Even though it's a big operation next door, you just never know. Make friends with the brewing staff. They just might have a liter or two of freshly-cropped yeast. (Keep a sanitized jar on hand in case they decide to be generous.) Even if they don't do freebies, you have a place to give inspiration.

Good luck in your Brewing Adventures 2.0.

Back