My Brutus 10 Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccrum

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while and gathering info and now have decided to build my own Brutus with a twist. Instead of using manual ball valves or running hoses to lids and having to switch something in the middle of the process, I purchased two NO vales and two NC valves. Since I'm using a BCS460, I can fire the pairs up simultaneously to redirect fluid flow. It's kind of like using a three way valve, but less than half the cost of a three way (at least the ones I could find). This way, I can have a completely automated process. I'm even thinking of a way to make a "hop dropper" that will drop my hops in at the right intervals, but that will be for later. I know, I know, it takes the fun out of brewing, but this is fun for me to design and build and it will be even more fun to watch it work. Also, for those of you interested, I've started working on an Android based Brew Buddy for the BCS. That is a really spare time project, so it may be a while, but it's coming. I'll attach diagrams and pictures of the build here.

Here is a shot of my fluid schematic.

1133-brew-system-fluid-schematic

image isn't showing up for some reason...see the gallery from the link below.

Here is a shot of the almost completed (less wiring and some top plumbing) system:

1142-fluid-plumbing-place.jpg

Back