DC Area Group Buy #15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it masonjax, I just got outta google drive. :D

Added your sacks...looks like you are making some interesting brews!! First 6 row ever on the buy...think same for the corn. You must be making a lot of rauchbier with a whole sack of smoked!

Dang it masonjax, I just got outta google drive. :D

Added your sacks...looks like you are making some interesting brews!! First 6 row ever on the buy...think same for the corn. You must be making a lot of rauchbier with a whole sack of smoked!

Uhh... something like that :D Experimental brews for sure ;)

brewing a ton of lagers these days, so burning through dme for starters like there's no tomorrow.

Starting a dreaded split of DME:

10# 3440C Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 lb

Thank you!

Please add to my prior order as I join the following splits:

#10 Avangard Malz Premium Vienna
#10 Briess 2 Row Caramel 60
#10 3440C Briess DME Pilsen Light

Last edited:
ZaireRPCV: The Vienna closed two posts before you. Do you want to start another Vienna split?

Other than that, I think the sheets are caught up. We have up for grabs:

45 lbs of C20
45 lbs of C8
10 lbs of Light Munich
25 lbs of C60
and 30 of Pils DME

Munich is closed.

robfar is correct...should have been C8 or C10 not C55.

dj: I put you down for 5 lbs of C60 instead...let me know if you want that or not.

Up for grabs are:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dingemans Cara 20 ..............................................40 lbs
Avangard Malz Premium Caramel 8L (like C10) .........45 lbs
Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L .....................................20 lbs
Briess DME Pilsen Light .........................................20 lbs

We went from nothing to 22 sacks plus 4 unclosed splits in short order!!

Items have been added. Please double check your orders on the sheets to make sure I got everything entered correctly.

Available splits:
Dingemans Cara 20 ---------------------------------40
Avangard Malz Premium Caramel 8L (like C10) ---45
Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L --------------------------20
Briess DME Pilsen Light -----------------------------10
Avangard Malz Premium Vienna --------------------45

This is kind of exciting! Just to be clear. I'm backing out of the Pilsen grains I wanted to split, the one you said isn't usually split as a base grain. I don't think it's on the spreadsheet anyways.

This is kind of exciting! Just to be clear. I'm backing out of the Pilsen grains I wanted to split, the one you said isn't usually split as a base grain. I don't think it's on the spreadsheet anyways.

Got ya covered. And if you want a few pounds of pils to try, let me know before the buy. I think I have 2 sacks left, or at least one full and a partial. I can let you have some for a buck a pound...

Splits Available:

Dingemans Cara 20 -------------------------------40
Avangard Malz Premium Caramel 8L(like C10) --45
Briess DME Pilsen Light ---------------------------10
Avangard Malz Premium Vienna ------------------45
Briess 2-Row Carapils Malt -----------------------25

doesn't look like that Avangard Malz Premium Caramel 55 Lb 8L split gets any traction, I am the only one on that split, please cancel that split, instead:

10# WEY1057 Weyermann CARAHELL

and

10# WEY1056 Weyermann CARAFOAM

(The two splits are not opened with the intention of closing one but I am hoping both splits will fill.)

Thank you!

doesn't look like that Avangard Malz Premium Caramel 55 Lb 8L split gets any traction, I am the only one on that split, please cancel that split, instead:

10# WEY1057 Weyermann CARAHELL

and

10# WEY1056 Weyermann CARAFOAM

(The two splits are not opened with the intention of closing one but I am hoping both splits will fill.)

Thank you!

Changes made...wondering why start the CARAFOAM though when we have a Carapils split going...they are really similar or am I missing something?

I believe people seem to think that they are about the same because Weyerman sells carafoam under the name "carapils" anywhere else but the United States where they do not own the rights to that name. But carafoam is quite different from briess carapils, for example, carafoam has diastatic power (I believe 30 to 40L) while briess carapils has none. I've been trying to get better German lagers brewed and for that reason am hoping to score several pounds of carafoam.

Hi guys, thanks for putting this together. This is my first time in on the group buy, please let me know if you need more info from me.

Please put me down for:
WEY1016 Weyermann Vienna 25 kg (55 lb)
RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb

I believe people seem to think that they are about the same because Weyerman sells carafoam under the name "carapils" anywhere else but the United States where they do not own the rights to that name. But carafoam is quite different from briess carapils, for example, carafoam has diastatic power (I believe 30 to 40L) while briess carapils has none. I've been trying to get better German lagers brewed and for that reason am hoping to score several pounds of carafoam.

If I ever finish my carapils, I will try carafoam.

Gotcha! I read up a little on it and people like it because it does give better head retention plus adds flavor...nice!

I'd like to get in on a few splits:

Briess DME - I'll take the last 10lbs
Avangard Premium Vienna - 15lbs
Briess Carapils - 5lbs

Can I also start a split of Flaked Oats 50 lb BSG3205D? I'll take 20lbs

Thanks all

"Time left before 2nd closing:
3 days 14h 7m "

crap, is that right? if so i need to get myself down the cellar and figure out what i need... BRB!

Nope...just been too lazy to fix it. Fixed...

Splits Available:
Dingemans Cara 20 ---------------40
Weyermann CARAHELL -----------45
Avangard Malz Premium Vienna --30
Briess 2-Row Carapils Malt --------20
Weyermann CARAFOAM -----------45
Flaked Oats ------------------------30

OK folks looks like we are entering the final week or two of this buy. We stand at 32 potential sacks, given that the splits fill, so we need about 10 sacks or so to button this up. My guess is that the Vienna, oats, and carapils will close as they always seem to. We are a ways out on all the crystal malts so if they don't start moving they may have to just shift to the next buy. Current available splits are listed below. Get them while they last!! Cheers!

Splits Available:
Avangard Malz Premium Vienna --20
Flaked Oats ------------------------20

PS - just built and installed a hop randall on my kegerator...will let you know how it turns out.

FYI, I think the title in the spreadsheet on Google Drive states "Group Buy 14".

Alright everyone! Missed you all at the last buy! After some intense planning and drinking my Santa's Stout. Yes, it needs to be done, it's soo good but soo dangerous at 9% and it's soo past the season...

I would like to order:
1x Briess 2-Row Brewers Malt 50 Lb
1x Briess White Wheat Malt 50 Lb

I am reviewing the splits and may get in on that too.

Splits Available:
Avangard Malz Premium Vienna --20
Flaked Oats ------------------------20

Put me down for 10 lbs. of the Briess Carapils.

Back