DC Area Group Buy #15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Anyone serving green beer from their kegerator?

Also, take a look at the open splits and jump on for 1/3 the price you'd pay at your LHBS!

Slainte!

Anyone know where I can get a 20# tank refilled on the weekend?

Mine ran out due to a slow leak (found out the hard way)...

I am totally out and the places I know are open weekdays only..

:HELP:

I think Laurel bottled gas (pretty far from you) is open Saturdays, but call first to confirm. Their is a paintball store in Gaithersburg but they don't know what they are doing and will charge you like $4-$5 per pound

I second laurel bottled gas if you can get there. I have filled up on the weekend before but probably can't hurt to call if it is out of the way. By the way, if you need a propane tank filled they will throw 20 pounds in for $20. A much better deal than you will get from your grocery store ($18 - $20 I for 15 pounds). It is also the type of independent shop that has been doing the same thing well for a long time that I love to support so I always send people their way!

I think Laurel bottled gas (pretty far from you) is open Saturdays, but call first to confirm. Their is a paintball store in Gaithersburg but they don't know what they are doing and will charge you like $4-$5 per pound

I second laurel bottled gas if you can get there. I have filled up on the weekend before but probably can't hurt to call if it is out of the way. By the way, if you need a propane tank filled they will throw 20 pounds in for $20. A much better deal than you will get from your grocery store ($18 - $20 I for 15 pounds). It is also the type of independent shop that has been doing the same thing well for a long time that I love to support so I always send people their way!

Thanks guys. Will call them tomorrow. What's the cost on a 20# refill from them?

I've seen the gas bottles at 3 Stars homebrew shop. I think they fill too but I don't know if they do it on the spot or you have to leave the bottle... Homebrew shop is open saturday and sunday though...

Thanks guys. Will call them tomorrow. What's the cost on a 20# refill from them?

2 years ago I paid $23 for a 20# refill at Laurel Gas. It's probably a little higher now. They're among the most reasonable priced ones. Make sure that tank is in date, not sure if he does swaps. He even fills on Sundays AFAIK, it's a small family business.

==> Just don't take your tank inside the office or you're gonna get it from him!

This sounds old fashioned, but I used the printed yellow pages to find CO2 suppliers in my area. I found quite a few under Industrial Gasses, Fire Extinguishers, and Fire Protection Equipment/Services. Not many if any of those are open on Saturdays, though.

Saturday: Rentals Unlimited in Clarksburg, MD - much closer to you than Laurel.
A full 20# is 16.99? -ish. The propane tank swap places only gets you 15# but these give a full fill up. They even weigh the tank before filling so you only get charged for what you buy.

Saturday: Rentals Unlimited in Clarksburg, MD - much closer to you than Laurel.
A full 20# is 16.99? -ish. The propane tank swap places only gets you 15# but these give a full fill up. They even weigh the tank before filling so you only get charged for what you buy.

Is this for CO2 or propane?

Just got an aluminum trade for my steel!

Awesome, as my Airgas only trades like for like. Now I'll have aluminum moving forward.

I know I'm late to the game, but I've used United Oxygen in Frederick a bunch. Not sure if they're open on Sat, but worth a call if anyone else is in a bind...

I don't think anyone close is on this buy. Tony, if you can grab it, I'll either come by to get it or wait until the next pickup. Thanks.

Anyone up by me going to the pickup and okay with grabbing my grain? I also have a barrel for Jeanne, so if you are able I'd like to get that to you too so you can pass that on to her.

Hi all, I'd be happy to snag grain for any VA people that can't make the pickup.

@reddskinnfan I plan to go on the 2nd. How much grain did you get? I've got 3 full sacks for myself, so my hatchback will be pretty full, but I'll grab your stuff for you if you want.

Back