Cold crash clarification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beertroll

Reaction score
I've searched through some older threads about cold crashing, but most of them appear to pertain to kegging. If I'm going to directly bottle a beer without kegging first, will there still be sufficient yeast in suspension to carbonate the bottles even after the cold crash? Or should I plan on pitching a little dry yeast into the bottling bucket?

I've searched through some older threads about cold crashing, but most of them appear to pertain to kegging. If I'm going to directly bottle a beer without kegging first, will there still be sufficient yeast in suspension to carbonate the bottles even after the cold crash? Or should I plan on pitching a little dry yeast into the bottling bucket?

There will still be enough yeast. I normally cold crash all of my beers for at least 3 days prior to bottling. Always enough yeasties still around to make bubbles. :)

Back