Just got invited to a wedding in........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgln

Reaction score
India! Mumbai (Bombay) to be exact. Guy from work here is Indian and he is going back home to be married and invited us. We would love to go but we don't have the money and it’s on the 21st of this month, not much time for planning.
There was also a young girl from India here who also went back home to be married and she sent me pictures of the wedding. Very beautiful and colorful. Her arms were all done up in ink, must have taken some time to do. Since she got married to a guy in CA she has moved there. Not sure if this guys marriage was arranged by his parents too but for this girl her parents introduce men to her they believe are suitable candidates and she meets them and then decides if she would want to marry them. I guess this goes on until she meets the right one. Shortly after meeting they got married. I remember her writing me that he "was a good husband too" with a smiley face, guess she was referring to you know what. :D
I work with a lot of Indian people (engineering) here and I think they are wonderful people. I often get encouraged to vist India, anyone ever been there?

We got invited to a wedding in Italy next year but will not be able to afford it.
I have a few old college friends who are Indian. Two of them were always together, would be great couple, but they could never be together because he was from a much better of area. It amazes me that that kind of stuff still happens in the world.
My wife's friend from high school married an Indian man and they had a wedding over there and then came back and had one here too. Apparently weddings in India are like a week long event. It would be awesome to experience if given the chance. I think I'd have to go into dept for the chance at something like that.

The indian invitations are amazingly ornate. I get like one a year, being as I work with a lot of consultants from india.

On the upside, mmy buddy is getting married in the dominican this year. I am going to his!

The indian invitations are amazingly ornate. I get like one a year, being as I work with a lot of consultants from india.

On the upside, mmy buddy is getting married in the dominican this year. I am going to his!

Yes, the invitation is very large and beautiful. Kind of feel bad they spent so much on them and probably none or very few of us will be going. I think his marriage is arranged to because I asked him how long they have been engaged and he said they are not yet, the engagement will be on the 20th and the wedding on the 21st.

We got invited to a wedding in Italy next year but will not be able to afford it.
I have a few old college friends who are Indian. Two of them were always together, would be great couple, but they could never be together because he was from a much better of area. It amazes me that that kind of stuff still happens in the world.
My wife's friend from high school married an Indian man and they had a wedding over there and then came back and had one here too. Apparently weddings in India are like a week long event. It would be awesome to experience if given the chance. I think I'd have to go into dept for the chance at something like that.

Odd thing is he is fairly quiet and will hold a conversation if you want but usually just sits with us and listens so I never really got to be too close to him, I am way closer friends with some of the others. Maybe if we were closer I would think more about going. What better than to see a country from a non tourist perspective.

One of my brother-in-law's best friends is from India, so he got invited to the wedding. He and another friend ended up basically travelling across the entire country. Got himself some traditional Indian garb for the wedding, went the whole nine. He's gone back at least once since.

The "ink" was probably henna tattoos. They last from a few weeks to a month or more. When my daughter was little I used to give her little henna tattoos when she wanted. She loved it. It was amazing how she could hold still for the hour or more than it needs to sit, but she did.

The "ink" was probably henna tattoos. They last from a few weeks to a month or more. When my daughter was little I used to give her little henna tattoos when she wanted. She loved it. It was amazing how she could hold still for the hour or more than it needs to sit, but she did.

Yes, henna tattoos. One time she waved to me and her palm was all done up and I asker her about it. She seemed embarrassed and asked how I knew she had them and when I told her it was when she waved to me she giggled. I have to admit I had quite a crush on her. She was exotic, pretty, young and had a very nice body.

Yes, henna tattoos. One time she waved to me and her palm was all done up and I asker her about it. She seemed embarrassed and asked how I knew she had them and when I told her it was when she waved to me she giggled. I have to admit I had quite a crush on her. She was exotic, pretty, young and had a very nice body.

I'd read that traditionally, the bride isn't allowed to work until the henna wears off her hands. Part of the honeymoon. Her family has to do all the work around the house for her. Not sure how many families follow that tradition anymore.

Henna is pretty cool. We had an "India Night" in college when our indian friends cooked us a bunch or indian dishes (most looked the same and of course the house smelled horrible, but the food was great) and they did henna and read our palms. The henna was done after the readings as something to promote good fortune. Or something like that.

Henna is pretty cool. We had an "India Night" in college when our indian friends cooked us a bunch or indian dishes (most looked the same and of course the house smelled horrible, but the food was great) and they did henna and read our palms. The henna was done after the readings as something to promote good fortune. Or something like that.

So are you going to live a long life?

I'll pay you in homebrew if you bring back a couple of cigars!

Back