Hello from Oregon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello HBTer's!
My name is Stephen, I hail from Keizer, Oregon, in the beautiful Willamette Valley. Born and raised in Salem/Keizer. Watched my Dad brew a bit growing up, was always interested in it. Graduated from HS 2006. Almost went to OSU(Oregon State University) for Forest Management, but realized I was sorely tired of going to school. Joined the Army in September of 2008, deployed to Baghdad 2009-2010, had a busy deployment, but got to reconnect with a high school crush toward the end of it. Came home, did single guy garbage for a few months; mountain bike, camp, party and chase girls. Now in the Oregon National Guard as a Bradley Commander(started as Gunner). Still stayed connected with my crush, Melissa, eventually started dating, fell in love, married in 2015 and got to father a lovely little girl from her previous marriage. Had our own two years ago, in September, shortly before finally becoming a proud homeowner. Now that we have the pretty house with the white picket fence, I wanted to start brewing. My Wife is incredible, she surprised me with a Craft A Brew Catalyst brew kit as my early father's day/birthday gift. Brewed my first ever batch a month ago, on Friday, a lovely Craft A Brew German Hefeweizen. I'm in love with this hobby, almost as much as my Wife and MTB. Excited to learn more and develop my skills and knowledge in this amazing hobby/art form/addiction!

Welcome from NC!

Great story! This is a good place to deepen your knowledge, and hone your craft. Glad to have you.

Welcome Stephen! Thank you for your service.

im not sure what the homebrew shop situation is in Salem/Keizer but if you ever head up I-5 to Portland, check out FH Steinbarts or Homebrew Exchange. Both are great shops and will help you out.

im not sure what the homebrew shop situation is in Salem/Keizer but if you ever head up I-5 to Portland, check out FH Steinbarts or Homebrew Exchange. Both are great shops and will help you out.

There's Homebrew Heaven and Salem Brew Supply that I utilize, but would love to check both of those out!

Mainbrew off of 26 and Helvetia is a great shop as well

Last edited:
Back