VIKINGS History channel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get enough of this show. I watch every episode multiple times. I've been obsessed with Vikings my whole life though. Well, ever since I discovered Viking metal in high school.

It looks like the show is just getting started, as it's based on historical figures and Ragnar's sons have only just been born, and I think they're what the show is really going to be about.

Only thing that bugs me is the Sons of Anarchy vibe........(that guy is Jax Tellers great great great great great great great great great grandfather).

Other than the similarity in characters and looks, the Vikings show is entirely original.

I love the bits of authenticity.

I should try and record this. I'm at least mildly interested in it just by the name. There is a LOT of different periods in history that I finding out about.

Not sure if you can watch season one for free. They had it on demand and streaming on their website before season two started, but not anymore. Even if you have to pay for it though, I would watch it if you can. I thought the first season was awesome.

You can skip it and start with season two though. I think the main storyline is only just getting started, as I'm pretty sure some of the most important characters are still babies at this point.

I loved the blood eagle scene. I only hope when my time comes I can embrace death with such courage and dignity.

Season1 is free if you have amazon prime. It is worth watching. Seeing Rollo grow up has been interesting.

*EDIT*WHOAH! great minds ;)

Only thing that bugs me is the Sons of Anarchy vibe........(that guy is Jax Tellers great great great great great great great great great grandfather).

Other than the similarity in characters and looks, the Vikings show is entirely original.

I love the bits of authenticity.

This makes me glad I never watched SOA. Vikings is superb! :mug:

This makes me glad I never watched SOA. Vikings is superb! :mug:

Oh man.......yeah, I get not liking the *****ey biker vibe, but SOA was great for a while. Season finale of season 3 was INCREDIBLE. Some of the best TV making ever.

And yeah, FWIW, if anything, Vikings is copying off SOA.......not really, but those guys are TWINS, which doesn't help.

Kelli thought it was the same actor.

Here's a good one about the best viking sword ever,that was some 1,000 years ahead of it's time; the Ulfberht Sword!

This guy reproduces it to show how it was done...Cool! I've seen some cool History channel stuff on youtube about the Viking crusades & such. Even to the New World.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig this show a lot, but do have some things bug me. I don't like the time skipping, at least give me a point of reference as to how long it takes them to sail to the west or return. How old is Bjorn right, now? Anyone?

And now to be a real creeper................How hot is Lagetha?

I dig this show a lot, but do have some things bug me. I don't like the time skipping, at least give me a point of reference as to how long it takes them to sail to the west or return. How old is Bjorn right, now? Anyone?

And now to be a real creeper................How hot is Lagetha?

You want a point of reference to know how hot Lagetha is?

Sheesh.

;)

:)

She is hotter as a shield maiden

The scene where her *****ey dumb hubby had her beat up (and was then going to finish her beat down by baring her breasts before everyone) but she stabbed him in the eye was AWESOME.

Oh but he is. He is what we all wish we could be. Why not boldly ask if you can have both chicks?........;)

I know I'm not the only one who listens to viking metal all day on Thursday in preparation for battle, this morning on the way to work I listen to my favorite viking metal band: TYR!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought last nights episode was the best of the season. I'll hold off on discussing until some others have had a chance to watch it.

great finale! I find Loki to be a very interesting character, one of my favorite parts of the show. And he has black metal face paint

QUIET!!!

My GF was a little pissed, and it was either go to bed and have sex with her or watch Vikings.

I can say with all certainty, that I am not a complete fool.

Fortunately the History Channel app on Roku has the last 6 episodes, so I will catch up at lunch.

CARRY ON!

QUIET!!!

My GF was a little pissed, and it was either go to bed and have sex with her or watch Vikings.

I can say with all certainty, that I am not a complete fool.

Fortunately the History Channel app on Roku has the last 6 episodes, so I will catch up at lunch.

CARRY ON!

I'd have to see a pic of her to know for certain you made the right decision. :)

These days there's really no reason to watch shows in real time when they air, unless it's to participate in conversations about them, like this one.

*spoiler alert if you haven't seen it yet*

This episode left me pretty confused. What happened to Rolo? Why didn't they kill Horik's oldest son? Were those women Bjorn let go Horik's daughter's or servants? Why did Floki give Rolo those mushrooms? Why did Siggy set that ax out for Rolo? Was Floki working with Ragnar to spy on Horik the whole time, or did he just decide to side with Ragnar in the end? Similarly, at what point did Siggy decide to side with Ragnar? Why must they make us wait another year for answers to these questions?

Back