VIKINGS History channel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This episode left me pretty confused. What happened to Rolo? trampled by horses in England

Why didn't they kill Horik's oldest son? because they want to have more battles I guess? they should have killed him

Were those women Bjorn let go Horik's daughter's or servants? I think daughters but not sure

Why did Floki give Rolo those mushrooms? So he would be tripping so hard he could stand up and fight perhaps

Why did Siggy set that ax out for Rolo? so he could swing it all tripped out on shrooms

Was Floki working with Ragnar to spy on Horik the whole time, or did he just decide to side with Ragnar in the end? Thats a great question, I think he was with Ragnar the whole time

Similarly, at what point did Siggy decide to side with Ragnar? another good question

Why must they make us wait another year for answers to these questions? easy, they are sadists and we are masochists :cross:

These days there's really no reason to watch shows in real time when they air, unless it's to participate in conversations about them, like this one.

*spoiler alert if you haven't seen it yet*

This episode left me pretty confused. What happened to Rolo? Why didn't they kill Horik's oldest son? Were those women Bjorn let go Horik's daughter's or servants? Why did Floki give Rolo those mushrooms? Why did Siggy set that ax out for Rolo? Was Floki working with Ragnar to spy on Horik the whole time, or did he just decide to side with Ragnar in the end? Similarly, at what point did Siggy decide to side with Ragnar? Why must they make us wait another year for answers to these questions?

I think they were all playing Horik the entire time. I was pretty down on Floki until I understood his "betrayal" to Horik. I think Siggy laft the ax for Rolo, because she knew Horik was coming for them all that night. Horik trusted Ragnar's people and lost.

my question is why did Loki give shooms to the one dude with the blond braids (name?) I was a little tipsy, I need to re-watch.

my question is why did Loki give shooms to the one dude with the blond braids (name?) I was a little tipsy, I need to re-watch.

I guess it was to make Torsten's fake death more believable. Considering he didn't even let his own wife in on the secret that he was a double agent, maybe he didn't trust Torsten's acting abilities and poisoned him with a non-fatal shroom to make him vomit and pass out? Perhaps he was testing it out first on Rolo, to see if it worked, since Rolo had tried to kill him?

I think they were all playing Horik the entire time. I was pretty down on Floki until I understood his "betrayal" to Horik. I think Siggy laft the ax for Rolo, because she knew Horik was coming for them all that night. Horik trusted Ragnar's people and lost.

Amazingly, I called it.

Floki said "I know who I am going to kill" and I said "Horik".

After the mushrooms, I figured I was wrong, but guess not!

Similarly, at what point did Siggy decide to side with Ragnar? Why must they make us wait another year for answers to these questions?

When Horik made her molest his son.

Amazingly, I called it.

Floki said "I know who I am going to kill" and I said "Horik".

I did too. I could tell from the look on his face that something was up. Either that or it's want I wanted to believe. When he drew his sword while he was spying on Bjorn I started to doubt, though. Still not sure what that was all about.

Did anyone else think Bjorn and his girlfriend beating each other up in a field was pretty hot foreplay? Ragnar and Lagertha had some moments like that also. Maybe it's my Viking ancestry, but I've always thought that getting my ass kicked by a girl was incredibly hot.

It is hot on the New Battlestar Galactica too. Women are called "Sir" and are likely to punch a man in the face or get punched in the face by a man.

They cuss like sailors too.....frak this and frak you too.

I had forgotten I had this last episode DVR'd until I read these last few posts. Ragnar head butting the living hell out of Horik was a nice touch. Glad to see the little Christian dude getting in on some of the bloodshed, and the cliffhangers of what is to come from this. Horik made the comment about killing all of Ragnars children so they do not come back to haunt them; makes you wonder the fate of Horik's son and what role he may play. I'd have had Bjorn (sp?)(son of Ragnar I think) cut his melon off with the sword Horik's son was promised.

The priest killed actual brits when the vikings were heavily besieged. You need tore-watch that! I cheered when he took his own people's blood!

I believe this series is worth of purchasing a boxed set on Blu Ray.
I remember the Christian, can't remember his name, knifing the priest when he was bound to the column and getting shot with arrows. When Ragnar was praying with him in front of the waterfall, it leaves me to wonder how the cards will be played out with him seeking other Gods, and how that is accepted when word gets out.

I believe this series is worth of purchasing a boxed set on Blu Ray.
I remember the Christian, can't remember his name, knifing the priest when he was bound to the column and getting shot with arrows. When Ragnar was praying with him in front of the waterfall, it leaves me to wonder how the cards will be played out with him seeking other Gods, and how that is accepted when word gets out.

If I'm not mistaken, Athelstan was just putting the priest down because the vikings were torturing him

If I'm not mistaken, Athelstan was just putting the priest down because the vikings were torturing him

He means the one who was standing by the book stand who suddenly looked as if he was reaching for something, I forget what episode.

He means the one who was standing by the book stand who suddenly looked as if he was reaching for something, I forget what episode.

It was the same episode where he mercy-killed the priest. The monk lunged to try to protect a holy book, which startled Athelstan who stuck an axe in his chest. If you remember, Athelstan was also trying to protect a holy book when the Vikings first raided his monastery.

Great series. Binged the last 4 episodes last night. Had me going right til the end.

And of course they left us with questions and can't wait to start the net season.

EDIT: Which appears to be coming in 2016... :(

Back