Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyler is at the vet, my brother (finally!) took him around noon. Something is definitely wrong, as they are keeping him until at least 6:45 this evening. I'll update as I know more.

:(

I am glad as well. I understand the wait and see approach but no eating and no pooping and tenderness is normally not a good sign. Any one of them...I understand wait and see. Two, I tend to go in but am judicious about what I approve for tests. All three...different matter.

Hey, That is good news. Hope it turns out that it was nothing serious.

When a dog does not eat, it is a good sign that something is wrong. Hell, my dogs just about knock me over when I feed them trying to get at the food faster. When they are not interested in food, I know something is wrong.

Hey, That is good news. Hope it turns out that it was nothing serious.

When a dog does not eat, it is a good sign that something is wrong. Hell, my dogs just about knock me over when I feed them trying to get at the food faster. When they are not interested in food, I know something is wrong.

I have two dogs that do not always eat...and one has NO food drive at all. I mean she cannot be bribed, trained, or in anyway positively influenced by food. She is 112 #'s and it took me 6 months to get her there from 95 #. She needs to be 118# per the vet. Even friggin bacon does not work!

Roxy does not eat when you interrupt he routine. She could be the happiest dog on the planet (playing with strange dogs, holding court to make sure all love her, etc) and she will not eat for 24-48 hours if her routine was interrupted.

Hence why I have to use more than one metric for "sick".

Congrats on the poop...better metric in my world.

Wow, my dog would be drooling if I gave her bacon. Just making dog treats from spent grains, she sits in fron of the oven for hours expecting a treat,

Oh, do not get me wrong...most of mine have been chow hounds. these two are by FAR the outliers.

Here is my Maggie. A pound rescue. So ugly she is cute.

IMG_20130428_091600.jpg

IMG_20140911_163856.jpg

Here is my Maggie. A pound rescue. So ugly she is cute.

Awww she's not ugly! Although I gotta wonder about the toenails

And here is my new free hand me down couch from a friend the day after I left Maggie on it while I went to work.

:mad:

That was her response to:
A - ya painted my feckin toenails, then
B - ya left me all alone, and you know I've got serious separation anxiety!

Any good vet will tell you, "A tired dog is a happy dog." If you run them until they quit running on their own, they don't have the energy to tear stuff up.

OH! Damn. Looks like someone needs a time out and some chewing aggression redirection.
Also maybe time to move her antics to the a$$hole dog, oh I mean @TXCrash Dog thread. Cuz THAT certainly qualifies her.

Update: Tyler seems to be doing much better. At least 4 vet visits & probably $1000 or so later, he acts almost completely normal now. I am still not sure exactly what was wrong with him, though. I love being kept out of the loop.

Regardless, he seems to be fine.

:)

Update: Tyler seems to be doing much better. At least 4 vet visits & probably $1000 or so later, he acts almost completely normal now. I am still not sure exactly what was wrong with him, though. I love being kept out of the loop.

Regardless, he seems to be fine.

:)

Best waves for Tyler for sure. We don't like being out of the loop either.

So, puppy Landshark McScouter has peed every time he meets someone new. We buy a Labradoodle and get a cocker spaniel.

Our Amy is part Labrador, part Australian Shepherd. Took her almost two years to outgrow that.

But you did get a dog with doodle in the name . . . ;)

Latest posts

Back