Whats the Best prices you have gotten for hope?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppedIPA

Reaction score
Ok HOPS not HOPE :)
Just got some Nugget the other day for $0.33 an Oz and Williamette for $0.29and oz direct from Williamette Valley Hops.. also ordered 13#s more of a few others including Milliennium. Since these were soo good and i just could not resist the pricing.. should be here monday the rest that is.. hence why i did a single hop Nugget IPA with 12oz nugget HEHE! :)

I've never been quoted a good price for hope. Hope is something I think you can make yourself....i dunno i hope I get a good price for it someday.....Thought hope was free!?

1$ for a lottery ticket...I HOPE I win!!!

Seriously though, last year I bought 10 lbs (10 varieties) for $131 shipped which turned out to be 12.5 lbs so almost 66 cents an ounce. Hops Direct rules!

RIght on on comparison i got 13#s 5 varieties for $108 Shipped which is about $0.52 per oz. ordered it from WIlliamette Valley HOps I found them on Facebook last week..
1$ for a lottery ticket...I HOPE I win!!!

Seriously though, last year I bought 10 lbs (10 varieties) for $131 shipped which turned out to be 12.5 lbs so almost 66 cents an ounce. Hops Direct rules!

How did you get these prices? looking at their website it looks like roughly double the price you paid.

They had them listed on their facebook profile.. i will send you a pvt of the link but dont want to do it here as i get the notorious NO HOTLINKS thingy flashing everywhere..

this is what they had it all priced as..
Hey Facebook Friends! Merry Christmas from Willamette Valley Hops. Shipping under 1 lb $4.90 anyplace USA, buy your brewer friend some hops for the holidays:
.29 cents per oz Willamette 4.7% alpha
.39 cents per oz Cascade 5.7% alpha
.59 cents per oz Chinook 11.0% alpha
.33 cents per oz Nuggets 12.8% alpha
.60 cents per oz Galena 12.0% alpha
.33 Cents per oz Millennium 14.5% alpha
If your not on FB you can also email Paul at [email protected]

Well by ounce its cheaper than hops direct on a couple i checked.
Shipping under 1lb for 4.90...great what if you buy 15lbs? Wouldn't want to put 73.50 in shipping and "handling" fee's.

Well i cant say about 15#s but i ordered 13#'s and shipping UPS Ground cost only $14 which brought the price down to less than a $1.10 per pound..

I ordered 6 pounds of the Willamette pellets to Canada. The website has some issues with calculating shipping but Paul was able to provide a quote the next day for a reasonable amount and worked with me for my best option. These arrived fast and packed well. I tossed them in the freezer and forgot about them. I opened them up tonight and was very happy to find they had given three extra varieties to sample.

-Chinook
-Centennial
-Millennium

SCORE!

3lbs of Hops, and I was quoted at $24 for shipping. I think that's probably a little high at more than the cost of the hops.

Latest posts

Back