DC Area Group Buy #13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pickup will be on 12 SEPT.

Buffalo - let me know if you want the full sack or want to split with German...doesn't matter to me. If full, I will ask 3 Stars to add it SAT for next week's order.

Just curious: are we allowed bring our own beer and do a tasting at 3 stars that day? I have a plethora of tasty beverages I wanted to bring for feedback.

Most do bring some homebrew and samples are shared. This is in addition to bottles that go home with the guys that coordinate this mess of course, don't forget to bring a few bottles for them.

i have 2 or 3 buckets that anyone can have, if they come pick them up in rockville.

i also have a bunch of homegrown hops that i won't be using. again, free to anyone willing to pick 'em. i got nugget, columbus, cascade, santiam, and a little centennial + newport possibly... lots available.

Hi all, I won't be able to make the pickup for Saturday the 12th, but I will be around on the afternoon of the 13th. Would anyone be willing to hold on to my order for me to pick up either later that weekend or the following? It's 3 bags plus some splits. Preference for those of you located in either southern MD or Alexandria, but I can also make the trip to Rockville as well. Cheers!

Would anyone be able to take BuffaloBillsBrew one of my soon to be Stir Plates? He can pick it up from you at the grain pick up for this buy. I work in Germantown or I'm located in Monrovia. It would save him an hours travel time so if we can help him out that would be great.

Would anyone be able to take BuffaloBillsBrew one of my soon to be Stir Plates? He can pick it up from you at the grain pick up for this buy. I work in Germantown or I'm located in Monrovia. It would save him an hours travel time so if we can help him out that would be great.

I can handle that. Also, my SUV can handle more buckets if you got'em. It looks like there's a demand. Actually I could use a couple of the 5 gallons if you have some available.

any splits not accounted for I missed the buy but could buy some grain if any is left over

BigBeavK,

I can swing by to grab it sometime this weekend/next week.

*Nevermind, just seeing BrewSavage has got it covered!

Hi all, I won't be able to make the pickup for Saturday the 12th, but I will be around on the afternoon of the 13th. Would anyone be willing to hold on to my order for me to pick up either later that weekend or the following? It's 3 bags plus some splits. Preference for those of you located in either southern MD or Alexandria, but I can also make the trip to Rockville as well. Cheers!

Be happy to help you out if you still need someone. I'm down in southern MD. Shoot me a PM and we can set it up.

I'll be there to help with splits:

I'm bringing:
  • plastic bags
  • buckets (from bigbeavk)
  • stir plate from bigbeavk for BuffaloBillsBrew...I will put this in your grain pile in case you arrive after I leave.

So what time are we meeting tomorrow?

folks typically show up at 10:00 to do the splits.

stragglers should plan on picking up by noon. sometimes folks hang out later, sometimes they don't.

if you can't show up in time to help with the splits, please help clean up - grab a broom, organize things, help break down tables, etc.

I will have a scale and the labels. I can only stay for a bit though (see the splits completed), then I gotta jet. Will be bringing a growler of some Witbier made with Forbidden Fruit yeast.

P.S. anyone who can bring scales, scoops and tables please do. They are ALWAYS needed.

Please bring some beer to share, bags for splits and some good stories. They are also ALWAYS needed.

heya folks - it's not looking likely that i'll make the pickup today. could someone grab my grains and i'll get them from you either today/tonight or tomorrow? i'm in rockville.

thanks. i'm kinda bummed that i'll miss the hangout session and beer sampling...

EDIT: neveremind, see my next post

For those who were interested in the Witbier recipe, here it is:

50% Pale - I used Optic
50% Wheat - I used Torr. Wheat
Yeast - Forbidden Fruit
1oz - Hallertau @ 60m
1oz - Hallertau @ 20m
2oz - Sweet Orange Peel @ 15m
1oz - Bitter Orange Peel @ 15m
2oz - Crushed Coriander @ 10m

Ferment/Condition - 2 weeks

Keg and enjoy!

This, of course, was for a 10G batch.

Thanks for all the help and super samples today folks! Big thanks to Mike for all his help!! Nice meeting some new faces today as well as the "regulars"! Bigbeavk, you are the man helping out with those wonderful buckets again!! They make things so much easier!! Props to the folks at 3 Stars for the help and the venue. Please make sure you visit the homebrew store and growler stations when we do these to show some love! mdhomebrew thanks for the scale! We only had two today and yours certainly helped make things go faster. We had to lug the sack outta the cooler today, so thanks to the early birds who helped with that!!

Steve and Stephen I have your product...come on by anytime, but give me a heads up so I am sure I around...

Back