How many people don't know about twisting bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerMcAllen

Reaction score
If you want to drain a bottle quickly, turn it upside down and give it a twist. It does the same thing as the vortex on a Miller Lite bottle.

If you already knew this you are saying, "duh".
If you didn't already know this I just cut your bottle washing time in half.

Yeah! A buddy of mine who doesn't even brew taught me how to do that! My life moves much faster now each time I have to bottle. I wonder if you can use this method to shot gun beer? I tell you what, the next time im near a pool, or ready to take a shower, I'll try out the vortex shot gun method.

Sidebar: the space shuttle's fuel tank has baffles to keep the fuel from swirling during lift-off. Imagine a giant fuel tank acting as centrifugal force engine during flight?

This technique is put to even better use when rinsing out a 6.5 gal carboy.

Yup that and growlers or jugs. If you're washing with something that has suds a good vortex will suck all of the foam out too. Takes some practice but once you have it down it is easy to end up with a clean bottle everytime.

Latest posts

Back