Thread size for NukaTap Mini tap handles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LloydGM

Silicon Dragon
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the thread size is for a NukaTap Mini?

I want to make custom tap handles for a set of NukaTap Mini taps but don't know the actual thread size. The KegLand page says it's M6x0.75. I'm new to taps & dies but have an OMT sets of SAE and metric, including M6x0.75, but if I loosely twist the tap into the existing handle, it doesn't fit, seems the thread pattern is off. Same thing if I try a die on the tap threads, they snugly twist on for almost 1 full turn, then start binding. Maybe this is normal for tap & die since they're designed to cut?

Nukatap Mini - Tap only

I can probably drive to my nearest hardware store and see if they have any bolts that touch-align with the tap's threads, I just don't have one close by and would rather see if somebody here might already have the answer before I blow $20 in gas (or likely $30 by the time you guys read this, lol).

Thx in advance, any help is greatly appreciated. :)

The exposed male threads once you unscrew the Nukatap Mini handles are M6 x 1, smaller than handle threads on full sized faucets.

Holy crapola, you're right! My neighbor had some M6x1.0 nuts and one fit the tap threads perfectly. Many thanks, I really appreciate the assist.

Merry Christmas!!

Back