Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge hit from medicmang. Can't wait to dig in!

image-869363249.jpg

image-3835758383.jpg

image-906546284.jpg

InityBrew said:
My buddy just got back from California and he hooked me up! Drinking this now, but I am more excited to drink the Alpine Nelson, and Duet that he gave me.
awesome I've still yet to try any alpine. You re lucky!

Did a home brew trade with DisturbdChemist.
This is his open fermented Bavarian Hefeweizen.

image-3598412376.jpg

finsfan said:
damn nice head! Howd it taste? A Hefe would be a great brew to experiment that with

It was pretty good. Had a little bit of funk to it upfront with a nice soft wheat finish. Highly carbed with a lingering head. Seems like something that would be good to have on tap all summer long.

It was pretty good. Had a little bit of funk to it upfront with a nice soft wheat finish. Highly carbed with a lingering head. Seems like something that would be good to have on tap all summer long.

Yeah I hear you get that nice slight funk but more ester-y and fruity flavors coming from an open fermentation, which I would think youd get less flavors, who knew?!

mcbaumannerb said:
Brunch weasel, oatmeal stout with coffee and smoked oatmeal stout with coffee ... they didn't have the vanilla shake.
Damn I'll have to check for the oatmeals. The vanilla shake here was gone in like 2 days. I knew I should have grabbed when I saw it!

mcbaumannerb said:
I was late getting home from CT yesterday so I could only make a quick stop at the bottle shop.

I'm jealous of those Mikkellers. We only get a couple Mikkeller beers here, none of those. That Brunch Weasel is so good! Haven't had the other two.

I'm jealous of those Mikkellers. We only get a couple Mikkeller beers here, none of those. That Brunch Weasel is so good! Haven't had the other two.

Mikkeller is sooo hit or miss and they put out a ton of different beers so it gets really hard knowing which ones to buy. I almost just glance over them at the bottle shop anymore. I will have to look out for these though.

Mikkeller is sooo hit or miss and they put out a ton of different beers so it gets really hard knowing which ones to buy. I almost just glance over them at the bottle shop anymore. I will have to look out for these though.

Hard to gamble on Mikkeller when there are other beers I know will be good for half the price.

This is Cherries in the Snow from Coyote68. He sent it to another HBT member and gave out the recipe. Offered a bottle before I tried to brew it to see if I liked it. Also, Odd Ball IPA as an extra. He'll get my so-called winter wonder ale (because I wonder where the spices went) and a bottle of something else no doubt.

I'm trying the cherries in the snow in a bit. I'm excited about it.
photo (1).jpg

Back